Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i know which front brake pads to buy? apparently there is 2 types for my car....

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
As the brakes on the front do most of the cars stopping, buy a good make. Shop around for the best prices.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mintex any good?

or should i stick with Pagid?

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
The best pads for road use (even mild.. but they are a performance pad) are Ferodo DS2500.

They're a bit dearer than the Ferodo pads you get in Halfords but after a few initial dabs to get the temperature up, they are pretty ferocious, wear well and don't make much brake dust. :thumbs:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would EBC Red Stuff be over kill? my current brakes feel pants

·
Registered
86 Posts
My 96 TS also had pants brakes when I first got it. I pulled front pads out & checked they were moving nicely...but they were just cheap pattern pads (dodgy brand!).

I'd had performance pads before but got fed up of squealing...

So I went for OEM ones from ebspares.

Braking had much more 'bite' with these, and no squealing! :)

However, if you're doing loadsa track days or howling around the lanes making your discs glow then you'll need to get performance pads & risk the squeal...

D

·
0 Posts
I havent had any problems with standard mintex pads either.

If your brakes are pants as you say, what shape are you discs in and when was the last time your brake fluid was changed ?

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I havent had any problems with standard mintex pads either.

If your brakes are pants as you say, what shape are you discs in and when was the last time your brake fluid was changed ?
the discs are good quality tarox drilled and grooved affairs, the pads are pagid I think a bleed is in order as there is no mention of it ever being done.

I have just ordered some green stuffs...

ill let you know how i get on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts