Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm going looking at a 2.0JTDm (2010 Plate) in a few minutes,

The dealer has phoned AR to see what gearbox it has in but they could;t tell him.

Is there an easy way to identify the box from the engine bay?

It's on the dealers forecourt so I can;t start removing batteries etc it's going got have to be identified insitu.

Any tips?

Axe.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The 2.0 seem to have a bit of a selection fitted seen reports of all sorts. If its a F40 (mine is - 2010 2.0 red Ti) you should with a torch be able to make out "F40" stamped on top it if you look down the gap at the side of the battery i believe.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Edit: Eh, 2.0 JTDm have F40 gearbox.
Awesome Many thanks,

I have heard so much on here about the 2.0JTDm can have any one of 3 gearbox's depending on what was on the line at the time,

F40
M32
C360

I won't buy another car with an M32 gearbox on again (ever)
so don't want to get stung with a 2.0 that should have an f40 but doesn't.

Axe.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 2.0 seem to have a bit of a selection fitted seen reports of all sorts. If its a F40 (mine is - 2010 2.0 red Ti) you should with a torch be able to make out "F40" stamped on top it if you look down the gap at the side of the battery i believe.
Thanks, will take a torch.

This is a 'Sport' which I think is a cross between a tourismo and a Lusso, It seems to be a Lusso with cloth seats.

but it's time for a change and I can;t afford a low milage Ti and I can;t find any other car that I like, So it's another 159 for me.

(Sportwagon this time)

Axe.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2.0 with the f40 you can def see it stamped on top if you look down by the battery as evoxer said.

good luck
Couldn't see the F40 stamp on the box, but the linkage is defiantly the F40 one.

I compared it to my 1.9 just in case and it's defiantly the Varient 2 from Malheus' link.

Many thanks guys.

I pick it up Wednesday :)

Going to be a struggle to get used to a cloth interior, no parking sensors, no auto dipping rear mirror, No power folding mirrors.
:weeping:

but the Brembos, Blue and Me, lack of crazy auto wipers.
and the lack of stress about if my Gearbox is going to choose today to die on me.
should make up for it.

:)

And its a Sportwagon so no more squeezing everything in the boot for the trip to Anglesey every weekend.

Axe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts