Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it is not just a case of spraying it in gloss black? Is it a job for professionals?

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
There are various products which would increase the gloss such as CarPro Dlux. The key with any dressing is to get the plastic nice and clean before applying anything

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info.

I'll give it a go with some heat resistant paint and gloss.

fingers cross

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Is that your motor, or the effect you're after?

If you're painting plastic, you just need to use a plastic primer, otherwise it'll flake off. The surface has to be de-greased to within an inch of its life.. and clean and dry.

The paint can be any gloss black. You don't need heat resistant paint since if the beast ever gets that hot, the plastic would melt.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, that's not my car, I came across that picture on Goggle and I think it will make the engine bay more appealing

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Considering that this will take about 2/3 weeks to do (can only do on week ends) will there be any issues with the cover removed and the car in use? I guess that as well as look the cover must have some protection purpose stopping the dirty getting in to the engine?

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
The cover keeps bits of rubbish and water off the motor. It'll be okay to drive without the cover for a while, especially if the weather is fine. A lot of engines don't have a cover at all...

Ralf S.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts