Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember one of my earlier posts about ordering a new GT JTDm from Medway Autos in September http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/general-alfa-discussion/53872-facelift-gt-here-soon.html just after production was stopped. I've been waiting for the new facelift model, have been checking the forum and AR websites for info over the last few months but all that I knew was that it was due '1st quarter 2007' and I hadn't heard a thing.
I went into Medway Autos showroom on Friday to check out progress.......only to find Medway Autos are no longer an Alfa Romeo dealer!
The sales manager looked rather embarassed, retrieved my dusty order file and told me not to worry as they hadn't forgotten me (salesman speak for they had I think). Orders for the facelift GT opened last week and my order (and deposit) will be transferred to another dealer............possibly Northgate, Canterbury (as long as its not Thames, Tunbridge Wells!). I should hear from them shortly:rolleyes:.
Who knows when (or if?) I'll finally get to drive my GT. I nearly placed an order with AutoLusso but were put off by posts on the forum........I think I would have got better service.

·
Registered
283 Posts
trickydicky said:
Orders for the facelift GT opened last week and my order (and deposit) will be transferred to another dealer............possibly Northgate, Canterbury (as long as its not Thames, Tunbridge Wells!). I should hear from them shortly:rolleyes:.
I got my car from Northgate. Nice people.:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cornish boy said:
How will the new facelift GT be different? Any pictures/links?
If you search the forum you'll find a few threads covering the facelift. Basically it appears to be chrome strip along the front grille and twin tail pipes externally and a different instrument binacle (147 stylee?) inside.
There are now 3 models and some new paint and seat colours available.
The AR Italia website has the best pictures.
http://www.alfaromeo.it/cgi-bin/pbrand.dll/ALFAROMEO_ITALIA/models/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdaddjkleimklcefecejgdfiidgnl.0&contentOID=1073891611&imageset=1

See also my post about the new pricing and models:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gta-and-gt/64774-2007my-gt-facelift-uk-spec-and-prices.html

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nice init, not that it needed a facelift. Subtle enough for them to have left the old pics on anyway!

Good luck with your predicament tricky, I'm sure you will be driving one of these beauties soon. :cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well 3 days after finding Medway Autos were no longer an Alfa Dealer, hence my original post, a cheque arrives in the post repaying my deposit.:confused: No explanation just Northgate Canterbury will be in touch.........

Over 3 weeks later I finally receive a call from Northgate (it had taken Medway that long to give them my details):rolleyes: .
I went to Canterbury last Tuesday hoping to finally place an order for a new car. They were very helpfull but the deal available was just too much money compared to that from Medway and the budget wouldn't stretch to it:(

I checked the used vehicles available but nothing in the colour/spec I wanted.

I had been in touch with SmartAlfa/ Auto Lusso when I was first looking at buying a GT but was put off by some of the forum posts. Unlike several AR dealers they always rang me back, answered any questions I had and seemed to know more about the vehicles. Definitely filled me with more confidence than any dealings I had with AR UK.
So when I inquired again this weekend and they had the car I wanted coming in mid March at the best price yet. I had to go for it!

...........Cinders you will go to the ball after all...........:D

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
I hope it turns up fella... things will only be "interesting" if it doesn't. :eek:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Good luck, you need some

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Congrats. Hope it works out for you :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's here at last!!!!!!

I went up to AutoLusso (top notch service!) yesterday and picked up my new GT. It's a Serie 1 2007MY GT JTDm in (new darker 289?) Alfa Red with beige leather, Bose, winter pack, MP3 CD radio, 18" alloys, CD autochanger & parking sensors.
I've done about 140 miles so far and its great. Only downsides are dim people asking me if my name is Alf (see reg number):rolleyes: and managed to put a small scrape on one of the wheels parking next to a curb yesterday evening:( .
(Only having owned Land Rovers with big tyres before you don't tend to notice things like that!) I've had to mop up a fair bit of drool from the upholstery too from when neighbours/mates have come over for a look...............;)

I've put a Quicktime slide show together with a few pictures. Its about 1.6M so be patient when you click the link.
New GT pics slide show here

Finally a big thankyou to everyone on the Forum for advice and encouragement over the last 6-7 months.

Attachments

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
worth the wait, eh?

congrats and enjoy. looks gorgeous.

:)

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Well done!

Looks like it was worth the wait. :)