Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been browsing the usual suspects today, and I quite fancy a spider so the GTA gets a rest.

Seen a few around £600, and I know they will be a bit ropey, but can I get one for less? It needs to have MOT for a few months at least, apart from that I don't really care what the spec is. Will I find one for less, or is anyone giving one away? :)

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Im sure you could but i wouldn't touch it for anything other than parts as you will end up spending a grand on top to get reasonably roadworthy. But! i reckon the going rate for a 'Shed Spider is £5-600, anything half decent should command at least a grand.:)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Been browsing the usual suspects today, and I quite fancy a spider so the GTA gets a rest.

Seen a few around £600, and I know they will be a bit ropey, but can I get one for less? It needs to have MOT for a few months at least, apart from that I don't really care what the spec is. Will I find one for less, or is anyone giving one away? :)
I have a phase 2 gtv with 'lusso' spec so has air con and nice leather seats. The car is a 1999 on a T plate. The paintowrk is not the best as it is red but not too bad. Has a noisey release bearing so will need a clutch sooner or later but it is not slipping yet. Taxed and MOT'd until end of June this year. I have just bought a 166 as the gtv is too small for me and my little girl so would be willing to let it go for an offer around the £575 mark.

Dan

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a phase 2 gtv with 'lusso' spec so has air con and nice leather seats. The car is a 1999 on a T plate. The paintowrk is not the best as it is red but not too bad. Has a noisey release bearing so will need a clutch sooner or later but it is not slipping yet. Taxed and MOT'd until end of June this year. I have just bought a 166 as the gtv is too small for me and my little girl so would be willing to let it go for an offer around the £575 mark.

Dan
As cheap and as good a deal that is, I am looking for one for less than that, if its even possible. If I have £575 I'd snap it up mind you.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
A working Spider for less than 575 quid?????

Blimey, it might get you home (might!) but not much further.

Complete false economy - itll be the most expensive single journey you ever make.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Ref the e bay car. What kind of seller can't be even bothered to wash the guano off before taking the pictures about six months ago. Goodness knows what it looks like now. There's an airborne Rover P6 in one pic as well!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I bought a '96 last August for £350 with long test but it needed a lot of stuff doing, doing the work myself it would had been another £700+. I did the variator, belts etc and cleaned it up and sold it as a working project, pretty much getting my £'s back. In my case I feel would be less hassle to buy a better car at a higher price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts