Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front calliper is tarox 6 with a 315 disc,when the car stands alone it looks weird...Coz the front disc is much bigger than the rear,,,,Just wondering,how big of a disc does the stock callipers can take?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
there are 2 rear disc sizes.

251mm [ upto approx sept 2001 ]

276mm from then on [ on most models ]

swapping 251's for 276's may not do anything for your car except improving the cosmetics

you would need calipers x 2, mounting brackets x 2, discs x2 & dust shields x 2

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
As its a 147 (Buit from 2001...) there is only 1 size and the size fitted matches the caliper, so there isnt a stock option for bigger rear stoppers.

You will need to be careful if you do alterations to the braking in this manner though, proper engineering of the hydraulics and custom pressure set up is required.

H

·
0 Posts
Changing the rear discs and calipers only to larger ones will affect the brake bias between front and rear.

·
Vendor
46,257 Posts
No front wheel drive cars have big brakes..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there are 2 rear disc sizes.

251mm [ upto approx sept 2001 ]

276mm from then on [ on most models ]

swapping 251's for 276's may not do anything for your car except improving the cosmetics

you would need calipers x 2, mounting brackets x 2, discs x2 & dust shields x 2
thanks for info....

Ohh...i see.....So i guess the gta rear calliper and disc would fit....how big is the disc size for a standard gta be?:)

K

·
0 Posts
The 147 is a very small car to have very big rear brakes. It could quite possibly get by with drums on the back because the discs will do so little work. An adjustable brake balance control might be useful so that you can dial out any tendancy for the rears to lock up.

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
thanks for info....

Ohh...i see.....So i guess the gta rear calliper and disc would fit....how big is the disc size for a standard gta be?:)

Think they are the same across all models ... 276mm according to brakeparts.co.uk ...

C

·
0 Posts
thanks for info....

Its the same size as a normal 147, the only difference is the caliper is painted red.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts