Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've had a Fiat Coupe many years ago but seem to remember it being much roomier in the rear, not sure reference exact seat size though.

Jules.

·
Registered
871 Posts
the depth of the coupe seats are deeper i think, but symon AO Member would be the best to ask he has had a few coupes

·
Registered
38,926 Posts
the depth of the coupe seats are deeper i think, but symon AO Member would be the best to ask he has had a few coupes
The Coupe has a much bigger rear seat.

You can fit a pair of 6 footers in the coupe at a sqeeze, but you would struggle to get an adult of any size in the GTV unless the front seats are moved forwards.

Blame the more sophisticated GTV suspension for taking up the room. Better handling comes at the expense of rear seat space. :)

·
Registered
38,926 Posts
I was actually tempted to remove my rear seats and replace them with a leather covered box for carrying shopping.

The boot is useless for carrying it, especially if you have a spare wheel.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have had occasion once to be a passenger in the rear seat of my GTV while my wife was driving (designated driver) for the night. The guy in the front passenger seat was 6'2", i'm six foot, and had to sit diagonally across the back seat to fit.

Realistically, the rear seats are an issue for anyone who is over 5'6". I'm making the most of the GTV while the kids are still short!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The reason for my question is it got me thinking as on saturday the wife and i broke down in the 147 (split coolant hose) and her eldest has just bought a fiat 2.0 20v turbo coupe and he came and took the wife and the boy in the back with room to spare... I'm hoping in the future to swap my 156 SW for a GTV and wanted to know if at a push i could fit the wife in the back if needed...

·
Registered
38,926 Posts
At a push and for a short journey you could, but as a regular thing then I think you would be wise to get another Fiat.

·
Registered
322 Posts
You can if you slide the seats forward a bit but it is still tight, my girl friend is 5'10" and can just squeeze in.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I managed 5 in my GTV during inclement weather a couple of years back - 3 in the back 2 up front for a 7 mile trip. We managed it - with a tall girl in the back 5'8"ish.

It was snow then too funilly enough.

Not recommended though, it's a truly 2 + 0 kind of car :)

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
The rear seats are only there for insurance purposes I think. Unless you are a midget and your passengers are midgets they are virtually pointless. Saying that years ago I did have 5 in the car for a very short drive back from the pub.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Very true

The rear seats are only there for insurance purposes I think. Unless you are a midget and your passengers are midgets they are virtually pointless. Saying that years ago I did have 5 in the car for a very short drive back from the pub.
Im 6.1 so only legless people can sit behind me but anyone can sit behind the wife, tall people just have their knees around their ears.
But I dont care cause im always comfortable
:cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts