Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys, does anyone know how bad the normal black is as a colour and would it be correct to go for the alfa black.

I would be interested to know if anyone on here has the normal black and does it look like an old fashion 90's Car????

Love this forum!

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Hmmm, I think you should change your question to "How GOOD does the car look in black?"

I have the plain black and it is the most stunning paint for the car in my opinion. I think it makes the car just look a lot nicer. I don't think the car looks as attractive in any of the red shades available, and this is coming from someone who LOVES red and has had red for previous cars.

I don't care what anyone says, when a black paint car is clean and polished it has the most amazing, deep shine. Better than any other colour.

To each their own, of course.

·
Registered
702 Posts
If your referring to Solid Black (non-metalic) and Etna Black (metalic £500 extra) then personally I prefer the solid black, as etna seems to have a funny tint of purple in the sun

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I'm not sure. But normal black is ok :thumbs:

G

·
i don't have a Mito, but all my Alfas have been black, and a mix of metallic and solid black...

Solid black is really nice, and kept shiney always seems to have real depth of colour, that could also be due to the waxes that i use on mine though.

Etna black is a stunning colour, it does grab your attention as you walk past it because of the colour changes, however i would be concerned about getting it knocked and trying to deal with stone chips.

with both of them you do find yourself cleaning the car a lot though

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Yes, jay you're right. But what about balck?

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I see a lot of people complain about black cars and the need to clean them, but the truth is your car is no dirtier than anyone else's, really. It's just you can see it. Also, if you've bought an Alfa Romeo, chances are you're going to want to clean it a lot...

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
True, but what about balck? :confused:

I'm off now :bye:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thankyou Guys that is a big wieght of my mind because mine is coming in normal black and I just got the thought that it might be the worst colour due to bieng the lowest price

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Black is nice but as you say it just looks dirtier. The etna black is black with the alfa red flek through it giving that purple look in the sun. I choose yellow because it stands out in a crowd. No matter where i park your eyes are always drawn to the little yellow mito.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I don't quite understand your logic on that one. I mean it's not as if Alfa (or any car company for that matter) purposefully make it a crap paint just because it's a standard colour. Standard black and standard red are the only two colours I will ever have on a car because I love them so much. It's just I wasn't very fond of the shades of Alfa's red options, so I went with the black and am extremely happy. The car gets LOTS of admiring looks and comments.

P.S - Just because a paint has little sparkly bits in it (i.e metallic), it does not automatically make it a better paint.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Sorry DHegarty, I don't have any pics up on this forum (I know...I know). But I think some others have put up their pics. Only thing I can suggest is to look through the forum at people's MITO pics and try to find a black one. There are a few on here somewhere!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You Car looks quality, just out of interest, What trim is yours DJ?
Thanks, it's the Lusso (getting confused now, it's the middle option lol), went for the black tint option too and I'm pleased I did. I really need some better interior pics, but this is what I have for the moment. The blue isn't a really bright in your face blue, it's nice.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Alfa romeo mito

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alfa romeo mito Alfa romeo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is the exact one I have gone for with the black tint, only difference is I went for the red interior, for a bit more funky look! Thanks for your comments, I just need mine to arrive now!

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is the exact one I have gone for with the black tint, only difference is I went for the red interior, for a bit more funky look! Thanks for your comments, I just need mine to arrive now!
I had gone for the red interior originally, but I can't remember the reason why I switched to blue, it may have just been when I look at both colours (of dash and seats) in the brochure that I finally switched.

Mine was ready middle of August but I decided to wait for the 59 plate... A couple of times I thought I'd just collect it but guess it was probably a better decision to wait the extra time.

Enjoy it when it comes ;)

Oh and if you didn't know... the radio lights up red, as does all the dash, it's really nice. Will fit in with yours even more with the red interior :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
just got my mito in normal black

looks stunning

but i'm prepared to get out the car washing stuff far more frequently than if it was silver ...
so it's not bad. because the car will look fantastic

1 - 20 of 33 Posts