Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title, I have a new pioneer head unit ready to go in and I'm wondering whether it is really going to highlight the standard speakers as being terrible or unable to handle the increased power. If they need replacing I can order now and fit it all at once.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Changing door speakers really doesn't need to be done at the same time as the HU. Though if you are paying someone to do the job I guess there may be a small cost saving.

I never found the 156 speakers a problem (5 years since I owned one though) but I am not a carpark blaster. Personally, when driving I prefer to hear the engine than the music. Music, for me, is background.

I say fit the HU and see what you think. It will all depend on personal preference anyway. What others hate you might like and vice-versa. Plus having others post that they are rubbish will persuade your brain that they are rubbish.

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
IMO the standard speakers are pretty average.

Stick the head unit in, and see of you like it. You don't have to change anything else.

A decent set of speakers in the front will certainly improve the bass - even listening to Radio 4 rather than music, you get an improved clarity. Stripping the door cards off and going to town with dynamat helps more, and if you still want improvements you're in amp territory (getting expensive)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'm just putting some infinity refs in my 156, easiest install ever. You don't even need to remove door cards to fit components. Obv you would to add sound deadening but it looks like there is some there as standard.

Amps don't have to be mega bucks, they can be an arse to fit but reasonable quality 4ch amps can be bought quite cheaply these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts