Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was instructed by the "better half" to (and I quote) "go and clean my car" ... so that is exactly what I went to do "clean my car" :thumbs: ... anyway it turns out I've run out of car shampoo stuff, so out comes the fairy liquid :thumbs: ... whilst routing through the box of car stuff I came across some AutoGlym polish that obviously hasn't been used for years so I thought I'd give it a go ...

... the trouble is that this is probably the first time I've had a really close look at my car and I've come across some "things" I'm not that happy with ... so how would I go about repairing these myself ??..

Obviously a botch job on repairing the rear bumper ...

and an "attempt" to fit a roof rack

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
On the bumper you could 'fill' it with some paint, then wet&dry it smooth, that should work. I don't know about the roof though.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Leave the roof, not worth it. Even a pro job would be visible up there.
And that would need roof lining out etc.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Leave it dirty, won't notice it as much !!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the bumper you could 'fill' it with some paint, then wet&dry it smooth, that should work. I don't know about the roof though.
That's pretty much what I was thinking ... :thumbs:

Chips away could sort you out - might be 200 notes though ...
It doesn't bother me that much ... :D

A good mop, filler it, will need resprayin then wet flat n polish.
Sorry for my ignorance ... but what do you mean by mop??? :confused:

Leave the roof, not worth it. Even a pro job would be visible up there.
And that would need roof lining out etc.
My only concern is that there is a hint of rust ... don't want it to get any worse

Leave it dirty, won't notice it as much !!
I wish I hadn't cleaned it ... but now I knows it's there it is going to bug me :(

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Didn't you notice when you bought it ?? :confused:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't you notice when you bought it ?? :confused:
Nah, it's just a tractor ... all I needed was a FSH and a recent Cambelt change ... (which is why this is probably only the second time I've cleaned it !!!)

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Nah, it's just a tractor ... all I needed was a FSH and a recent Cambelt change ... (which is why this is probably only the second time I've cleaned it !!!)
:lol: I'm not the only one then, washed mine for the first time in four months on the weekend, and that was because there's a meet Sunday. :D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:lol: I'm not the only one then, washed mine for the first time in four months on the weekend, and that was because there's a meet Sunday. :D
I drive 100 miles a day round the M25 ... so what is the point in cleaning it???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts