Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been covered before, if so forgive me, I am new...

How about a regular meet at a central location for a drive. Meet at a pub/cafe for pie, chips & a chat?

Phil, you may have some suggestions from previous posts as to locations, I am near Downham Market, but willing to travel as far as Norwich, Cambridge even Newmarket would be fine.

What do you think?

Neil

·
Administrator
23,060 Posts
Great idea Gentari.

I would like to compile a list of all those who would be up for a regular meet - just as a general get together - could use it to plan other stuff as well. As the area is so large it need not be held the same venue each month - this would allow a greater number of people to join in.

Anyone interested please either post on here or email me to say -

Yes I am Interested.
The general area I'd like the meet to take place
What days would suit me best - weekday evening or some time at the weekend
Any good venue .

I put forward the Pub the last meet ended up in - the Rushbrooke Arms about 2 miles from Bury St Edmunds - personally I'd be up for either an evening or a weekend meet (I am so easy to please). Not being pushy but anytime during the 2 weeks ending 29 July would be good.

Lets get something definite fixed.

Paul.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Yes I am Interested.
OperationAlfa (Joe)

The general area I'd like the meet to take place
Cambridge Area? - I'm in East London

What days would suit me best - Sometime at the weekend, preferable Sunday.

Any good venue .
???

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am doing a lot of travelling to and from Manchester this month, but for me the weekend 21st & 22nd July is free.

I am up for Cambridge, any ideas where Joe?

V

·
0 Posts
Annie and I are up for it, the last one was fun, we got to see some nice motors and there was some ritual humiliation of Nomad for a few days after he got totally lost! :lol:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Heading off on holiday Sunday 22nd but not til the late afternoon so could make a lunchtime meet around Bury/Cambridge.

Generally, weekends are best for us. Happy with monthly/bimonthly meets and anywhere within about two hours of West Norfolk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all, sounds like a good idea. I live near the lincs cambs border but any pub with a big car park and nice beer garden suits me!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
my other halfs old's live in norwich and we have friends in ipswich so i'll keep an ee on developments, might be able to come along sometime. :)

·
Administrator
23,060 Posts
Right then.

General concensus for the first regular meet is Sunday lunchtime, 22 July in the Cambridge area - up for this myself.

Trouble is I am not well up on Cambridge - any suggestions? - otherwise I'll do a bit of research.

Other meets can, as I say, move around the area a bit - I know you Norfolk lot feel uneasy crossing borders.

Definites for Sunday 22 July then??

Paul.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Paul,

I am up for Cambridge, I don't know the area at all, but willing to follow your lead.

Let us know.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will check back tomorrow eve then,

cheers Neil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts