Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chat thread is popular, how about a chat room? Maybe a simple java front end to an irc room?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
i think you would find the chatters like the post count too much for that.

would be useful in som circumstances though, like talking through an operation under the bonnet etc etc

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
We had one for the paying club members, but nobody used it, not sure if we've still have though

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
If it were to return can we, if possible, make it difficult for people to pretend to be other members, ie changing alias/ID? This was a problem before and caused upset to some in IRC days. Not me much, I may add but some.
The other AO software attempt at chat did seem better though, so! :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
The one that us Mods test-run for a bit (which didn't work well with the rest of the forum software :() was safe from that point of view Kurzon. People retained their username and even their username's featuers (eg. showing AO Club Members in bold).

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
I've visited 'the room' but it was, shall we say, a bit lonely :(

It didn't take, that is for sure [even though people wanted it?] but was better in design/concept than internet IRC days.

The one that us Mods test-run for a bit (which didn't work well with the rest of the forum software :() was safe from that point of view Kurzon. People retained their username and even their username's featuers (eg. showing AO Club Members in bold).
Thanks for the info. Obviously the concept of "pretenders" is already in hand.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I think it was mainly down to not being able to see if anyone was online chatting from the forum, so you would have to invite or catch someone on the of chance, it also took you out of the forums, but you could just open another IE :)

I did have a few good chats though when it was first launched!

R

·
0 Posts
Give your buddies on AO your MSN addy then hey presto you can chat and be on the forums at the same time :)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
MSN is an alternative true, but the chat room (like these chat threads :mad:) is a good way to make new acquaintances.

[then create new BORED cliques and the circle of life continues :bored: :elaugh:]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts