Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our fridge is brimming with stuff. However there’s an odour we cannot explain. It’s been emptied several times to work out the reason why and cleaned out. But to no avail. There’s a drain hole which apparently leads to the motor which gets rid of the vapour.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
No unexplained odours but I think I’m getting a sun tan from the fridge light 🤣

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Finding I eat everything in the fridge with very little waste. Guess I've become more conscious of what I buy each time. There an emergency stash in the freezer I case I have to isolate for a week.

I did lose a bit of weight at the start of lockdown as I rationed my food. But once I realised (and people stopped panic buying) that there was plenty of food the snacking during work started. When you're sat 2 feet from the big white food dispenser working all day it shouts "help yourself" all the time!

There is a slight odour in the fridge but nothing that is going mouldy!

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Our fridge is brimming with stuff. However there’s an odour we cannot explain. It’s been emptied several times to work out the reason why and cleaned out. But to no avail. There’s a drain hole which apparently leads to the motor which gets rid of the vapour.
Make sure the drain hole isn't blocked, there ought to be a probe to clear it. The drain is for condensate so it won't go to the motor but to the hot radiator on the back.

Plenty of fresh stuff I get delivered by 'Odd Box'. Lots of items I wouldn't ordinarily buy but ought to for a change. It is mostly interesting but the butternut squash needed something else to give flavour. Not a great favourite of mine, spring onions, but in a white sauce with pasta it is fine. I've had pineapple, potatoes, red onions, squash, Spring greens, Spring onions, nectarines, bananas, apples, blueberries, rocket, a strange lettuce of some kind, flat beans, like runner beans but without the stringy bit, aubergines, radishes, oranges, satsumas, melons, though not all at once and there were some others too. I'm a bit of a lazy food shopper and tend to go for the same things over and again, therefore this has made me try new things out and experiment with the cooking. Surplus cooked food gets frozen.

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure the drain hole isn't blocked, there ought to be a probe to clear it. The drain is for condensate so it won't go to the motor but to the hot radiator on the back.
Yes, I meant to the radiator ,which is for the motor, and the probe thing seems fine.
And Ronan, the hinges are definitely working hard now the teenagers are paying the food storage regular visits all day long!

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Radiator is for the coolant to get rid of the heat. A refrigerator or freezer is a heat pump. Pumps the heat from inside to outside of the fridge. I've often wondered why refrigerator doesn't have a 'd' but fridge does!

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
I've also plenty of dog food, my habit in the past was to order a fresh 15 kg. bag when I started a new one. This time one bag was lost by DHL and was replaced by Oscars, then DHL found the first one (I did pay for both in case you think I pulled a fast one) so in effect there were 3 bags. So if it comes to it I'll eat the dog's food.
Though I'd have to be careful, a friend was injured after eating dog food, he was out and went to sniff a Red Setter's bum and got hit by a car.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Yes, I meant to the radiator ,which is for the motor, and the probe thing seems fine.
And Ronan, the hinges are definitely working hard now the teenagers are paying the food storage regular visits all day long!
Ain't that the truth.....our fridge door is one of those that when pushed very gently will close itself.
Our boys know that....but do they do that....not a chance in hell....they slam it shut....the windows rattle FFS!! :mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Plenty of fresh stuff I get delivered by 'Odd Box'. Lots of items I wouldn't ordinarily buy but ought to for a change. It is mostly interesting but the butternut squash needed something else to give flavour.
Butternut squash! You could be mugged for a butternut squash for our tagines and curries... We've been able to buy pretty much anything else but our usuual supermarket doesn't seem to do them any more.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
That's what I mean, it had to go in something to give it flavour. Next one I get you can have, I'll swap it for a bar of chocolate, not Cadburys since Kraft pulled it out of the U.K. despite the agreement not to.
I'm due for squash next box but it depends on what they have and the size of the box. Supposed to be getting some asparagus next time.

·
AO Detailing COTY Winner 2018
495 Posts
Today's useless fact: in France frigidaire is a generic term for fridge, just like we use hoover as a generic term for vacuum cleaner.
My daughters think I'm a wierdo left over from the 1950s (I wasn't even born then) so I routinely wind them up my calling it "the electric frigidaire'. (To be said in a Timothy Talbot-Farquarson kind of voice....). Similarly, our hi-fi is called 'the electric parlourphone', the TV is the 'Baird electric television', the phone is the 'the Graham Bell patent telephone', the internet is the 'information superhighway', etc, etc...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Packed full and excessive use! No weird smells though unless we forget about something that starts to honk a bit! We also have a 9yr old who likes to help herself to whatever she wants but just leaves the door wide open!!! “SHUT THE DOOR”!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts