Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know where the horns (sounders) are located on a 16V 2.0 1997, I had a fumble in the dark eek! but couldn't find them.

Cheers

Mike

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
None of these boys know.. I didn't get a single reply to my similar post.

I'd say somewhere in the offside wing but I don't know if it's best attacked from the engine bay or from the wheel-arch.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Offside front on the 8v (I think! - it was a while ago when I last looked). Accesible through the engine bay.

Why not get someone to honk when you are under the bonnet!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I can verify when the car woke me up at 2:30 on Sunday morning, the horns are very loud, so I'm not that keen on putting my head under the bonnet.

I can't see the horns at the places suggested, are they under the metal chassis member which slopes down to the front valance?

I guess they just look like the normal italian electric horn types (twin tone), nothing fancy?

On my fiat coupe, they're staring you in the face, but there's a lot less wing on that

I guess I'm just going to have to crawl underneath at the weekend.

Oh well.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i think you need to take out the N/S wheel arch liner to get to them. :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
As far as I can remember my horn is behind the center of the front grille, I noticed it there when I had the grille off to re-mesh the two side panels. :D

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The parts CD seems o be pointing to the area between the lights and centre grill. I'll check later.

wrinx

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine sounds like it's inside the wheel-arch liner (driver's side) but of course it's dark in the evenings when I get home and too wet to go crawling around with a torch, which is why I asked here - I'm not really that lazy to look myself.

Ralf S.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On my 93 V6 they are just behind the front grill.

In terms of volume mine are embarassing. Sounds like a pushbike!

Should they be like this? frown

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers,

That sounds a bit more civilised than removing the wheel arch liner!

Mike

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If there's two you should get a nice stereo Dolby blast. One of mine's gone AWOL but when the block was off getting a new head gasket fitted, I changed the radiator and now the horns (or one of them) doesn't work.

Ralf S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts