Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the pre reg (05) 156 1.8TS Veloce from Monza Sports 3 weeks ago and have done just over a thousand miles.

I love it. Its an absolute beauty. The handling is crisp and precise and gives a wonderful ride. The fuel consumption is a bit high but I am led to understand that evens out after about 5000m. Even so its not as high a in my old Mondeo.

What do I particularly like?

The look - Its the best looking car I've ever seen and rather better looking than the 159 in my opinion.

The sound - The engine sound is unmistakable.

The colour - Its Alfa Red in a solid paint finish and looks wonderful - It polishes up nicely too.

The door handles - Plain chrome - Pure 60s retro - A beautiful detail. :cool:

The look and feel ofthe controls and the radio - Good comfortable controls and the radio reception much better than I was have been led to believe.

What don't I like?

Not much but the atmosphere control/fans/ac is needlessly complex and on the sweltering weekend we've had in the South of England it only just kept up.

Not much room for stowage. The glove compartment is just big enough for, well.... gloves.

Overall I'm very happy with the car - Its exceeded expectations. If I can find a way of reducing the size of the files I'll ost a couple of pics.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
That's a beauty alright :cool: Nice pictures :)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That really is a beauty, I think alfa really carried the facelift off well. All to often companies make a hash of it but the new front really suits the car.

Agree with you on the ventilation controls, I am still trying to figure it out!

Adam

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
mr.orange said:
very nice car you got there m8...shame it aint green though ;) :D

Green is a very exclusive colour - I think there are only two on this forum (out-numbered even by white Alfas!!)

I wonder who owns those two......... :confused: :D

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Green Cloverleaf said:
Green is a very exclusive colour - I think there are only two on this forum (out-numbered even by white Alfas!!)

I wonder who owns those two......... :confused: :D
You and bobdabuilda.
Now, who owns a white one?

Glad you're happy with the car NJH! :D

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
mr.orange said:
i own the other green 1 :D :rolleyes:
Are you on about just 156s? Hey, that means i met both owners of the exclusive green 156s on the same day!

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
MT said:
You and bobdabuilda.
Oops, I forgot about bobdabuilda :eek: - that makes three green Alfas.

I might have to spray mine pink - that would be exclusive!!! :D :eek:

MT said:
Now, who owns a white one?
At least three that I am aware of - Rosbird1, Mr.Tippex(!) and Hans, plus I think there is a white GTV lurking about somewhere in New Zealand....

Rather a common colour, eh?

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
i would say very honoured ;) :D

now you can tell the story about the day you met the 2 amazon green alfa 156 owners on the same day for years and years to come :D :lol:

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Green Cloverleaf said:
At least three that I am aware of - Rosbird1, Mr.Tippex(!) and Hans, plus I think there is a white GTV lurking about somewhere in New Zealand....
Lol. Think back to Sunday, and the colour of the cars you convoyed up to NAD from Portsmouth with...

I've added that story to my official list of 'Stories to tell my grandchildren'.
It's at No 3.

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
MT said:
Lol. Think back to Sunday, and the colour of the cars you convoyed up to NAD from Portsmouth with...

I've added that story to my official list of 'Stories to tell my grandchildren'.
It's at No 3.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
what is at 2 and 1 then...if it aint green alfa related...then you cheating your grandchildren :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts