Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else is hopelessly attached to their car? I have mine for sale due to me losing my job, but I just can't do it. I have somebody interested, but I'm so attached, I can't sell it, and I don't know why! It's just a car, but the thought of selling it makes me feel sick! I have owned it for 3 years, spent a small fortune on it, kept it thru a torrid time splitting up with an ex, struggled to fix it when the gearbox went just as I was buying my house, covered 27k in it, including taking it to the center of Paris amongst others. I have lavished it with time, money and attention to keep it looking top notch, and the thought of being without it makes me sad.

What the hell is wrong with me?! I have never had a problem selling a car before, yet I can't bring myself to do it. So many things I still wanna do in it, including the alps and the ring.

At the current rate it will have to go eventually, but I will leave it to the very last, but its gonna be the hardest decision of my life!

Anyone else?

C

·
0 Posts
Firstly sorry to hear that you have lost your job.

Secondly ive been selling my veloce for the last year due to it being to small, to juicy ,and just not getting used enough.But like you i just cant do it and im glad i didnt as my other car has just died on me proving that i made the right decision in keeping my bella.

So looks like my alfa will be pressed into general duties for now.

Hope things pan out and you can keep it,good luck:thumbs:

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Very sorry to read about your situation. I can imagine its not easy to find a job in current economic climate and in August during vacations... Fingers crossed for you.

But I completely understand your feelings about the GTA. For me GTA also is not just a car. It gives an incredible pleasure and pride of ownership and feeling of having something special. Something that most people even don't recognize that is something extra, but you can silently smile, as you know and they don't.

Most cars don't make you think about them, you just use them everyday as a pen or knife and fork. Than there are cars that make you smile and enjoy them while driving. But GTA belongs to the rare sort of cars that make you happy just knowing its out there and its just yours.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
You know you're a little bit attached when you get up at 5am just to turn the 265 miles of motorway tedium from Southampton to Blackpool into an all day 439 mile adventure , somehow taking in Aberystwyth. Hehehe. Super fun driving times!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation.

I'm the same with my wee Clio. My parents bought it for me as a passing driving test/birthday present. Pretty basic and has "battle scars" but I can't let it go. When it has to go it'll get replaced with a 147 but until then I'll stick with my 2 cars.

G

·
0 Posts
Errrr...me? Never was a massive petrolhead until I got the GTA. I liked my cars and enjoyed my Alfas, but the GTA has really affected me in the way no other car has. It will be very tough to sell it when the time comes.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Si there must be another option. Can you take a mortgage repayment break or something?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Loz might buy it :D

M

·
0 Posts
Good luck with the interviews mate, I hope you get something sorted soon:thumbs:

Like most others here, I too am besotted with my GTA:D

A few weeks ago, she was used to take a groom to his wedding ceremony. As loads of photos were taken of the groom/bestman/ushers etc around the car, I didn't just think "this is pretty cool, my GTA is in their wedding photos".......it was more than that, I felt 'proud' and 'honoured' to own her. :cool:

The only car that has come close to having a similar effect was my 205 GTI, but my feelings towards the GTA are far stronger.

Daft really:lol:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am looking to buy a new car a 159 or Brera to replace my tired 156. I feel like I am cheating on my 156 she even looks sad lol. If cars could talk my 156 would be asking me why she is not good enough for me anymore!!!

I think I will have to keep the 156 and turn her into a trackday weapon that will make her happy again.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am looking to buy a new car a 159 or Brera to replace my tired 156. I feel like I am cheating on my 156 she even looks sad lol. If cars could talk my 156 would be asking me why she is not good enough for me anymore!!!

I think I will have to keep the 156 and turn her into a trackday weapon that will make her happy again.
That's so sweet :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
That's so sweet :)
It gets better!!!!

Today I have been to collect my new car 159Ti 2.2. But before I set off I needed to use my 156 to take my girlfriend to work. Would the 156 start not a chance didn’t even turn over completely dead!!! I have owned the 156 for 7 years and she has never not started lol!!!

My girlfriend though it was sooo funny and told me I must have really upset my 156.

There must be some female human DNA in Alfa's.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
It gets better!!!!

Today I have been to collect my new car 159Ti 2.2. But before I set off I needed to use my 156 to take my girlfriend to work. Would the 156 start not a chance didn’t even turn over completely dead!!! I have owned the 156 for 7 years and she has never not started lol!!!

My girlfriend though it was sooo funny and told me I must have really upset my 156.

There must be some female human DNA in Alfa's.
Hahahaha! :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts