Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is then don't expect a reply for a bit. Says they had to cut him out.
I just don't understand how that happens on the road. It's not even wet.
I hate to say it but it might be Shiskine. He showed a pic of QV with the Reg No. UHS 19, and i think that is the same reg on the first pic (although it is difficult to see).. He is also Glasgow based..

Bad news indeed... my thoughts are with him.....

Seacourt

·
Registered
38,044 Posts
Can’t remember if that is the second or third one I have seen binned. Deffo one in Wolverhampton, not sure if there wasn’t another too.

Hope they are ok.

·
Registered
594 Posts
There is a worrying amount of these being crashed relative to how many are on the road. 500bhp is just far too much for the average person to control without sufficient training. And deciding that race mode should have no safety features is one of the dumbest moves Alfa could have made.

Hope he is okay.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Good news that he's not seriously injured.
That's about 4 or 5 I've seen in quite big crashes (Not just in the UK) and in all of them the driver has been uninjured. Fully deserves it's 5 star Ncap rating for sure.

Wonder why the fire crews are all huddled around the rear of the car?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
... And deciding that race mode should have no safety features is one of the dumbest moves Alfa could have made.

I really don't agree. The problem is not RACE mode, but drivers without the skills to drive such a high performance car to its potential.

RACE mode is intended for the track where safety features, except ABS, are definitely best off.

Anyone who uses RACE on the public road does so at their own risk.

There have been an alarming number of Quadrifoglio's written off, apparently with RACE being used in built up areas. That surely is unwise and not public spirited.

Let's hope the incidents have all been without significant injuries to anyone.

Andy

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I think the problem with Race is more due to the exhaust. People want to hear the full exhaust noise but can only get it in Race. I suspect they wouldn't be in Race if you got the full noise in Dynamic say.
Seems Alfa may now be in agreement with that too as it looks like new cars will get the full exhaust noise in Dynamic too.

·
Registered
948 Posts
The problem is not in RACE mode by itself. The problem is Alfa deciding for exhaust to be fully open only in RACE mode, and owners usung it mostly for that feature.

Alfa should change that early on, but they still haven't to this day, even tough all reviews camplained about it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
There is a worrying amount of these being crashed relative to how many are on the road. 500bhp is just far too much for the average person to control without sufficient training. And deciding that race mode should have no safety features is one of the dumbest moves Alfa could have made.

Hope he is okay.
Utter twaddle.
Throttle position is always optional. As is Race mode.
If you would have ever take one on track, you would realise that Race mode is as essential as it is amazing.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The problem is not in RACE mode by itself. The problem is Alfa deciding for exhaust to be fully open only in RACE mode, and owners usung it mostly for that feature.

Alfa should change that early on, but they still haven't to this day, even tough all reviews camplained about it.
This, exactly.
The temptation to revert to Race mode to hear the full exhaust was too much for some people. Couple this with the lack of stability systems and cold Corsas is asking for trouble.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Particularly as it looks as though this guy is a forum member, should we not wait to hear from him before hanging him out to dry, it might just not be down to his driving style but could be as a result of interference of another vehicle or road conditions ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't think anyone has appointed any blame yet. From what I can see there has been concern for the guy's well-being. It's turned into a bit of a discussion about Race mode (as these threads always do) but I for one, am certainly not suggesting this was at all anything to do with the incident.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Good news that he's not seriously injured.
That's about 4 or 5 I've seen in quite big crashes (Not just in the UK) and in all of them the driver has been uninjured. Fully deserves it's 5 star Ncap rating for sure.

Wonder why the fire crews are all huddled around the rear of the car?

Most likely trying to disconnect the battery in the boot. Lights are still on, its the most important first step for fire men to do, ensures fuel pumps are not still running and prevents electrical shorts.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts