Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
45,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carrying the Dyson out of the house to do the car interior is a bit of a drag. Plus the hose on it is hopelessly inflexible. So I'm wondering about getting a hoover specifically for the car.

So it doesn't need to be fancy, it just needs to suck as hard as possible, be sturdy, and have a nice long hose.

You always hear good things about Henry's - is the rep deserved?

Any suggestions? Second hand might be a good bet too.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I got a Karcher wet and dry vacuum which I use for the car, think it was around £50 from B'n'Q (may have been on sale) but it is great, plus no bags needed and it really has some suction on it, and the hose is long and flexible, plus it can blow so useful in Autumn for blowing leaves out of scuttles etc.
Never used a Henry so not much help with that.

·
Administrator
45,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's interesting - didn't even know they did them.

I could see it being a wet vac coming in useful.

Any idea which one you have? As usual with Karcher, they have a million different options, with indecipherable model names!

D

·
0 Posts
Another yes for the Karcher, on offer at £50 in B&Q still, well worth it

·
Administrator
45,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crikey, I'm glad I held off buying. I was going to buy a refurbished 3500 off Ebay for £60+. Thanks for that link, massively cheaper than I've seen elsewhere.

D

·
0 Posts
Henrys are ok, most of the east european hand wash places use them but i think they are around the £100 mark, expensive compared to the karcher.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I use my dyson. Mine has a flexible hose though ;)

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
I don't like vacuums. The end nozzle part doesn't really get into the pile and agitate it to get the grit and dirt out, like the "head" of an upright cleaner (or a flashy cylinder cleaner) does in your house.

I use analogue.. (i.e. a stiff brush).. :)

Ralf S.

·
Administrator
45,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It arrived last week. Already used it to hoover out the garage, and both cars. Did a very good job.

It being an 'outside' hoover gives you a lot more freedom to get rid of all the skanky bits in the garage because you know they're not going to end up in the house afterwards!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts