Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Its taken me about 6weeks to get here!

Posted my first thread about my warped disks and many of you replied. All explaining about the different sized discs and calliper upgrade available from Alfa.

Took my bella to White Quay, Reading. They confirmed the discs had warped, but would not change them under warranty. Alfa customer services also confirmed the discs would not be changed under warranty.

Feeling P'd off I thought I would be stuck with a large £bill for new brakes. That was until I found several threads about the FREE upgrade.

Called Black&White Garage in Cold Ash, where I purchased my bella 3months ago. They were fantastic! They put me onto Fish Bros Alfa in Swindon.

Fish Bros called the car in for an inspection on a Friday. They sent a report to Alfa Italia that day. Alfa Italia confirmed free upgrade the following Tuesday. How's that for speedy reply? The new Alfa boss must be sorting them out already?

So the following Monday, Yesterday, the brake upgrade was completed in a few hours.

Picked the car up this morning, brakes excellent! They look massive compared to the old ones, but hey it is 25mm....???!!!

Dont mean to waffle on; But totally pleased it was all sorted for nowt.

But, really wanted to say a BIG PHAT thank-you to you guys for all the information. Especially UKOldschool, Trailbraker & DavidC.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Glad to hear you finally got sorted, the discs do look huge don't they :D

Give them a week and you won't know how you managed without them, there 200% better than the originals!

G

·
Nice one foxie, can I ask how old your car is? is it within the 2year manufacturer warranty, or in the 3rd year dealer one?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Yup.

Actually I'm not sure any GT 3.2's came with the smaller discs/calipers.

It was nice to see that when Alfa decided to upgrade the did it properly, the new ones are just superb.

BTW Foxie take it easy on them for the 1st week or so to let the dicscs/pads get used to each other and bed in.
I know its tempting to stomp on the brake to experience the negative g straight away but its better in the long run to run them in for a short time first.

Cheers,
TB

FredBloggs said:
Do the new GT 3.2's already have the upgrade done?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EddieGTA said:
Nice one foxie, can I ask how old your car is? is it within the 2year manufacturer warranty, or in the 3rd year dealer one?
My bella is 23months into the 2yr warranty, hence my total excitement for the upgrade!

Nothing like leavin it to the last minute eh!

There is 20k on the clock now; But from what I can gather from previous threads milage doesnt matter as long as you find the right main dealer. Hence UKOldSchools List.

G

·
All GT 3.2's are fitted with the 330's. Same goes for all 166 3.0.

*I love my 330's too, can't understand how they could fit those 305's to a GTA in the first place :rant:

Only thing i'm not to happy about, is the price tag on the Ferodo Pads DS2500 for them :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: £210 !!! Double of the 305's!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Congrats on your luck.

As posted in other thread, my brakes were done today. Looks awesome, brakes even better. To bad at the moment it looks like it's gonna cost me about 1200 euros.

To bad, the messages from the UK to Alfa Italia seem te arrive faster than messages from The Netherlands to Alfa Italia. :confused:

Foxie said:
:) Its taken me about 6weeks to get here!

Fish Bros called the car in for an inspection on a Friday. They sent a report to Alfa Italia that day. Alfa Italia confirmed free upgrade the following Tuesday. How's that for speedy reply? The new Alfa boss must be sorting them out already?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts