Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its been covered many times but, guess what, I have a convertible hood on my 2008 939 Spider (2.4 JTDM) that fails to open. I have 12v power to the hood rocker switch (and the circuit in the rocker switch) works both ways as it should but nothing more happens at all. No motors, no movements of the windows, no noises and not even the warning picture on the dash illuminates to say there is a problem or even the switch has been pressed. Nothing. I closed the roof without problems about 2 months ago and all was fine then. The windows do move when the doors are opened but do not move back up when closed. The battery is fully charged and OK.

I now also have dashboard warnings for alarm not available, low beam automatism/wiper automatism/dusk automatism not working, glow plugs not available (but it starts fine) and both front windows have no safety. The window switch on the passenger side has a mind of its own and sometimes moves down when pressed up.

Is there a fuse or relay specific for the hood opening as I cannot find anything of use of the AR e-learn workshop CD I have, or even a wring diagram to assist with the convertible hood? Can I get into the hood storage compartment to access the pump and electrics to see if there is a problem down there?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If the hood lowers the windows, then it's probably worth resetting the window safety and trying again. I've got a wiring diagram of the hood system but won't be able to get it uploaded for a couple of days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Georgew221. A wiring diagram would be really appreciated. I will have something to refer to for the hood circuit from that. I have tried to standard window reset but that doesn't seem to make any difference. What is odd is that the roof rocker switch does have 12v power, and works both ways when pressed, so the switch is fine. Its as if there is not power going anywhere from the switch and the dash pictogram (which is working) doesn't even register the switch has been pressed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the hood lowers the windows, then it's probably worth resetting the window safety and trying again. I've got a wiring diagram of the hood system but won't be able to get it uploaded for a couple of days.
Georgew221, Did you manage to find the wiring diagram for the convertible hood?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts