Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Is it easy enough?, or just like everything else Alfa :)
Why would you want to... Just fix the electric roof. Be aware that you can use AlfaOBD for electronic diagnosis (with a three-pin adaptor and OBD cable. The electrohydraulic hood system is actually an American design, if that helps you like it :lol:

-Alex

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would you want to... Just fix the electric roof. Be aware that you can use AlfaOBD for electronic diagnosis (with a three-pin adaptor and OBD cable. The electrohydraulic hood system is actually an American design, if that helps you like it :lol:

-Alex
What is the AlfaOBD???

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
That looks absolutly brilliant.....
Do you have one?
Is it as good/easy as it looks?
Does it work with Iphone?

What do I need to buy?
Thanks MalcQV for the link :thumbs:

AlfaOBD is software that runs on a Windows PC. There is a Windows Mobile version but it definitely has nothing to do with iPhone (not sure where or why the iPhone question comes from? I'm writing this on an iPhone...) To connect your PC to your car, use the same cables as you use for Alfadiag or FIATECUScan: one USB-to-16pin OBD KKL cable (these are often transparent blue and sold with a copy of VAGCOM for VW/Audi applications). I suggest also a three-pin-to-OBD adaptor cable, which is required to connect to FIAT/Alfa before about 2000. The cable and adaptor will be about £5 each on eBay.

The Spider Hood ECU has a three-pin diagnosis connector behind the carpet of the compartment behind the seats, even on the phase-2 cars which are otherwise 16-pin - by modifying the OBD cable it may be possible to connect to the hood ECU from the 16-pin connector.

-Alex

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Easy.....

Anybody know if it is possible to convert from electric hood to manual???

Cheers

.....from memory........just don't use the button/switch & operate it manually plus use the release/locking switches behind the driver's seat(unless these don't/won't work?).

Clive

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Thanks MalcQV for the link :thumbs:
:) Actually I should be thanking you for the link. My electric roof works fine now. However in the future who knows? I still have not worked out how to do it manually as the blanking plate behind the drivers seat does not remove on mine. I'm pretty sure that is where the access is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts