Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is slowly getting there, with a few niggles to resolve.

The hood frame has a gap at the bottom on both sides at the rear quarter where should seal. I have searched the forum but can not find a similar problem.

The hood itself is shot so need to look out for good second hand one.

The windscreen has some scratches which I will be removing with a kit from ebay so hopefully it will reduce them.

The passenger window needs adjusting inwards at the top for a better seal.

I still need to fix the wipers so another sunny day might see that done.

The paint work is five shades of red and will need a full respray next year when funds are saved up.

With the rear suspension fully serviced the front suspension is now shown up and will be the next job.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hood as in roof?

You can adjust the pins locking the rear of the hood to the car. If thats what you are thinking of.

I had to screw mine a bit in for it to lock correctly

·
Administrator
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, went out for a drive last night and the fan only works on 4 but plenty of posts to look at with this fault.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The car is slowly getting there, with a few niggles to resolve.

The hood frame has a gap at the bottom on both sides at the rear quarter where should seal. I have searched the forum but can not find a similar problem.

The hood itself is shot so need to look out for good second hand one.

The windscreen has some scratches which I will be removing with a kit from ebay so hopefully it will reduce them.

The passenger window needs adjusting inwards at the top for a better seal.

I still need to fix the wipers so another sunny day might see that done.

The paint work is five shades of red and will need a full respray next year when funds are saved up.

With the rear suspension fully serviced the front suspension is now shown up and will be the next job.
adjust the pins for a better fit,did mineas it was up on one side.:thumbup:

·
Administrator
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The pins are fully in, will to look at it this problem again at weekend.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The pins are fully in, will to look at it this problem again at weekend.
when you say the pins are fully in,there is a lock nut you can loosen to make the pin longer or shorter,in your case slacken the lock nut wind the pin in and try the hood until its a snug fit.:biglaugh:

·
Administrator
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi The pins are fully into the locating holes and the rear of the hood is flush with body. The side frame has a gap. I am looking at this today again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts