Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
I cannot understand why Lewis Hamilton hasn’t been knighted (or whatever)...

Six...SIX......titles. Nothing. Nowt. Bloody travesty, IMHO.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
14,437 Posts
It's an interesting question.

IDS is the architect of universal credit which has made people much better off and in no way suffering or dead. I think that's right isn't it?

I also believe that HMRC has been known to point out people's approach to taxation to the Cabinet Office when honours are being considered. If you get embroiled in a high profile tax avoidance scheme, it might hamper your chances as a result.

As for Gabby Logan, I have absolutely nothing against her but I assume that she is fairly well paid. The same is true of most tv stars and sportsmen and women.

In the office where I used to work, OBE was considered to be short for Other Buggers' Efforts.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I just googled the list, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that 72% of the awards go to "normal" people, who do charitable work or work within their community to make other people's lives better. I've always been cynical about these awards, especially the ones going to those in privileged positions, but I feel better now, knowing that real people are recognized too :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts