Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all...

Any of you 147 chaps/esses interested in selling your 147 for my demanding girlfriend?

I've trawled AutoTrader/Pistonheads/Here/AROK local papers etc, etc and all I can find is either clocked, poorly damage repaired, missing history or no history and stellar mileage, or any combination of the above :eek:

I'm simply after an honest, well looked after, clean car with full history, belts done etc and preferably a 3 door manual with sub 60k on the clock. Can be between an 01 (y) plate up to around 03/53 as funds won't stretch much beyond that.

Please PM me if you have what i'm looking for :thumbs:

I promise we'll give it a lovely Alfa home :p

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I know CJ Romeo is selling a 2.0 but it's a 5 door. It is in better than showroom condition though. Seen his 159 in the metal and he is meticulous! Take a look in the alfa156.net for-sale section.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I would interested in selling mine. Being strictly Honest, the clutch release bearing is squeking while the engine is cold. the ARB is knocking and always had and the drivers lower wishbone is just starting to fail. The sump plug would also need replacing with a tapered item. There is a small bash in the passenger side door and rear quarter where i stupidly clipped a fence post.

On the plus side, only 20 months on the timing belt. 60500 miles. 2.0 petrol. Full service history. 2001/51 car, full leather/twin zone climate etc.

I would only want £3000 for it. If it where immaculate like i wanted then i would ask £4k

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know CJ Romeo is selling a 2.0 but it's a 5 door. It is in better than showroom condition though. Seen his 159 in the metal and he is meticulous! Take a look in the alfa156.net for-sale section.
Thanks Rob3rto :thumbs:

Yeah my preference would be a 3 door, but 5 doors not totally out of the question with a good spec as they still look cool.

CJ's is beautiful, with great spec, leather and those wheels, just a little too new for our budget unfortunately.:cry:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would interested in selling mine. Being strictly Honest, the clutch release bearing is squeking while the engine is cold. the ARB is knocking and always had and the drivers lower wishbone is just starting to fail. The sump plug would also need replacing with a tapered item. There is a small bash in the passenger side door and rear quarter where i stupidly clipped a fence post.

On the plus side, only 20 months on the timing belt. 60500 miles. 2.0 petrol. Full service history. 2001/51 car, full leather/twin zone climate etc.

I would only want £3000 for it. If it where immaculate like i wanted then i would ask £4k
Thanks for the honesty ransoman, much appreciated :thumbs:

Really want to buy something that we could drive for a while before having to spend anything putting it right. Mucho poor after crimbo, and the girlfriends current car is knackered, so will need something sooner than I can save more...

Keep em coming though... can't think of a better place to find a well cared for car :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I may have my 5 door JTD up for sale soon, 84000 mile all receipts and service history. All belts etc done. Remapped, K&N filter, bespoke made stainless exhaust, 170 bhp and print outs to prove, maintained regardless of cost by AH Motorsports.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Also forgot to mention, fulll adjustable Koni suspension, Alpine and Infinity ICE plus original BOSE system, may also leave in full bluetooth car kit.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You might do better, on the restricted budget, looking at a 156, with a nice spec. Plenty of the members could help you for as little as £1500, for a really nice one.

As for not having to spend !!on repairs and running; think again, ALFA's need careful attention, otherwise your pockets will be hurt.

Take an Alfa owner along with you to view and listen and take the prospective vehicle for a long all terrain drive. GOOD LUCK and welcome

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may have my 5 door JTD up for sale soon, 84000 mile all receipts and service history. All belts etc done. Remapped, K&N filter, bespoke made stainless exhaust, 170 bhp and print outs to prove, maintained regardless of cost by AH Motorsports.
Also forgot to mention, fulll adjustable Koni suspension, Alpine and Infinity ICE plus original BOSE system, may also leave in full bluetooth car kit.
Hahah I think that might be more suitable for me lol, rather than my missus :p

She would kill me if I bought her a modified car, unless the mods were subtle and unoticable.

It sounds fantastic although a little higher on the miles than I would really like...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You might do better, on the restricted budget, looking at a 156, with a nice spec. Plenty of the members could help you for as little as £1500, for a really nice one.

As for not having to spend !!on repairs and running; think again, ALFA's need careful attention, otherwise your pockets will be hurt.

Take an Alfa owner along with you to view and listen and take the prospective vehicle for a long all terrain drive. GOOD LUCK and welcome
Yeah I like the 156, but unfortunately they are too big for her, hence the reason we're looking at a 147. It took me ages to convince her that the 147 was the best car for the budget and that in the reliability stakes they're as good as any car...

I know I can get a mint car within budget, (up to 3k) it's just a matter of time. As you will see from my details I'm already an Alfa NUT, so am well versed in all things Alfa (Totally hooked and love them all :D)

Most modern Alfa's only suffer minor niggles providing the Service and cambelt changes have been done religiously, so a well loved members car should be just the ticket :thumbs:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Morning

I maybe able to help. Im considering selling my Alfa 147. See Spec Below!

04 REG Lusso
2.0 Ltr Engine
Selespeed Gearbox
3 Door
Silver
71500 Miles
Full Service History
Full Leather With Winter Pack (Heater Seats / Dual Zone Climate Ect..)
6 Months Tax
6 Months MOT

Bad Points :/
Slight Dint On Drivers Door (Shopping Trolly!)
Could do with 2 New Tyres nearly at wear indicators.

Other than that its immaculate

Looking to jump ship and get a mustang!!

OFFERS??

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Murphy she sounds a beaut!

Just higher on the mileage than we would want, and she would probably crash a Selespeed lol :eek: :p Sorry I should have a stated a manual in the original post. (now edited)

The only reason I want lower mileage is that we live in Cheshire and her parents are in Midlands, so it will pile on the mileage quite quickly, commuting every week to see them... Obviously got to think about resale value eventually. :thumbs:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 147 1.6 lusso in silver for sale 80,000 on the clock cam done only a year ago. Two brand new CATS few dings here and there but to be expected on 8 year old car (52 plate) 3 door, drives like a dream, good service history

G

·
Have a 02 147 3-Dr Lusso 1.6 TS in the best colour going for this car (Black). 65k on the clock, full MoT, 6 months tax, very good service history (traceable by Nationwide Auto centre in Middlesborough) inc belts at 50k, having a service this week (sat morning with full plug replacement), new alternator fitted 2 years ago.

Small dent in front bumper and the usual marks that would go with a car of this age. She's not perfect but she is very, very good. Bought from Lyles Alfa in Newcastle.

Make me an offer and I'll see what the mrs says. We fancy a SW.

·
Registered
942 Posts
When are you looking to buy? ASAP?

Mine could be up for sale if I don't need it in Italy in the coming months...!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a 147 1.6 lusso in silver for sale 80,000 on the clock cam done only a year ago. Two brand new CATS few dings here and there but to be expected on 8 year old car (52 plate) 3 door, drives like a dream, good service history
Thanks for the offer fella, she sounds great and a good honest car, but as said above due to the mileage it will be doing it needs to be sub 60k and to be honest lower the better :)

Have a 02 147 3-Dr Lusso 1.6 TS in the best colour going for this car (Black). 65k on the clock, full MoT, 6 months tax, very good service history (traceable by Nationwide Auto centre in Middlesborough) inc belts at 50k, having a service this week (sat morning with full plug replacement), new alternator fitted 2 years ago.

Small dent in front bumper and the usual marks that would go with a car of this age. She's not perfect but she is very, very good. Bought from Lyles Alfa in Newcastle.

Make me an offer and I'll see what the mrs says. We fancy a SW.
Ooh getting nearer DG... again sounds like a great car, I just want to hold out for a lower mileage example if poss... thanks very much though, and I will bare it in mind :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When are you looking to buy? ASAP?

Mine could be up for sale if I don't need it in Italy in the coming months...!
Yeah ready to buy now... well from this weekend as it's pay day :D Did you fix the dash and get the Cambelt service done BTW? :p

you just after petrol 147
Hi Dave, yeah I'd love the 1.9dth, but they usually command a lot more money, unless they've been to the moon and back, so have been mainly looking at the 1.6ts as its the same tax and Insurance as her current car. Even a 2.0ts isn't out of the question, but i've just got one eye on what the Insurance will be like for her.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi there,

I know a distant family member who is selling his 147 1.6 03 plate. When I last saw it had 59k but that was a month or so ago. Nice condition, looks good in black. PM if you want more information, as havn't got it all off top of my head:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts