Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Honda Integra Type R OR Fiat Coupe Turbo

• Honda Integra Type R

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Fiat Coupe Turbo

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • Get a Jet Ski even though you live three hours from the sea.

Votes: 2 4.9%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both quite rare, both quite quick, both quite affordable, opinions please. Cheers.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Integra, fast, fun but lacking in refinement and any luxuries
Coupe, good but unmolested ones are becoming rare

·
Administrator
46,700 Posts
Ghosty is right - you might have to accept being open to either, and buy the one that you can find the best example of.

But if you have a choice, the Coupe every time.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I may be slightly bias here, as having owned one for nearly 5 years, I'd get the Coupe :D

I'm sure the Hondas are great cars and scream with their VTEC, but they won't "feel" that fast. The 20VT Coupe has a very flat torque curve from 2,500rpm and feels very fast. Standard for standard the Honda would probably be the better handling of the two, but a Coupe 20VT would leave it in a straight line (0-100 is 14.5 secs). If you decide to have more power the turbo'd Coupes are very easy to tune, but the Honda's aren't.

It doesn't take much to improve the handling, a Fiat Coupe 20VT won the FWD handling TOTB 2008 & 2009, up against Novas and Civics - (much lighter cars).

One thing to bear in mind with the Coupe is they require maintenance, the youngest car will be 12 years old, and so check through the service history carefully for evidence it's been looked after. The oil needs checking every 500 miles.

The best thing to do is sign up to the Fiat Coupe Owners forum. There is a *vast* amount of information and knowledge, and it's a very friendly and helpful place.

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
Its a no brainer. I would definitely go for the coupe. My dad used to have one and i regret the time he sold it. If i was a bit older i wouldnt let him do that. What a car it was its still in my head that car and i will not calm down until i buy one myself too.
What a fantastic car the coupe was :(

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Coupe has so much more personality about it though the Honda is good. I'd agree with the Bear's earlier comment and go for the best example you find if you're not totally sold on one over the other.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Always fancied a Type R myself, maybe one day.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Would have to be a Coupe! Always remember sitting in one at the motor show in Earls Court, must have been when they were still fairly new! Felt like sitting in a baby Ferrari!

·
Registered
38,666 Posts
Fiat all the way.

Honda needs working to drive fast, where as the Fiat doesn't.

As standard the Honda handling is much better, but the Fiat is easy to improve.

The Honda engine can be tuned, but not as easily as the Fiat one.

·
Registered
38,666 Posts
I would have another Coupe, both the 16VT and 20VT I had were great...

The trouble is finding a pampered low miler would be difficult.

·
Registered
38,666 Posts
In a way I preferred the 16VT

The power delivery was more traditional all or nothing turbo, and it seemed to handle better.

The engine note wasn't as good though.

My 16VT had been fitted with a Chip, boost controller, hybrid turbo, bigger intercooler and was dynoed at 290bhp

It was pretty rapid. ;)

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
My dads coupe was the 16VT too. He used to tell me that the engine wouldnt run smooth when he started the car and was cold until it warmed up.
I was quite young when he sold it i dont remember much but i still remember the power it had and how it pulled thats still in my head

·
Registered
38,666 Posts
If they have an evo chip they do run rough for the first 30 seconds or so, plus the engine check light might come on.

Evo cars went out of business, and the chip was copied and improved, so later copies of the chip don't have this issue.

The EVO chip can be used on its own or with other mods, on it's own the Evo chip gives around 225bhp

I have just been over to FCCUK to check the for sale thread.. I could be tempted by the right one, as they are practical enough...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Coupe.

Saluti, Giordano.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts