Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is about to have our baby and we need something a bit bigger! I was wondering what you guys and girls thought about the Honda F-RV?

I quite like it! :p

·
Registered
583 Posts
My wife is about to have our baby and we need something a bit bigger! I was wondering what you guys and girls thought about the Honda F-RV?

I quite like it! :p
A colleague of mine has one.
From my brief view of it, it looks good, is quite fast but is not as spacious as you'd imagine for that market.

V

·
0 Posts
are you adding his to your fleet or chopping something in ???

personally id rather eat my own arm than have an f-rv.

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
My brother got one on my recommendation, 2 kids, baby on the way, 2 dogs, it was the best choice, 6 seats and good boot space, drives just fine, he has had it about 6 months now and no regrets.
Dont discount the Fiat Multipla:cool:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
My personally recommendation would be not to buy a new car until you've let the little person live in your house rent free for a good few months and then see what size you NEED ... Mrs156 had a 3 door 206 when Beast #1 arrived which was more than adequate (how much space do you actually need????), it was only when Beast #2 was one the way that she went "up" (down???) to a Scenic ...

N

·
0 Posts
Couple of guys at work swear by their Corolla Versos.

Mind you they're French. ;)

·
Registered
809 Posts
.....and then see what size you NEED ... Mrs156 had a 3 door 206 when Beast #1 arrived which was more than adequate (how much space do you actually need????)
Agreed.

When my two little 'un's came along all I had was a Fiesta.

Like You say, more than enough room. Buggy folds into boot easily, still room for shopping etc.

Don't understand why people automatically go out and buy a 6/7 seater/4x4 just for the sake of it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Whether a 6 seater is really needed or not is one thing. Maybe an estate car eg Honda Accord tourer, or 159SW would fit the bill instead?
But, for what it does, the FR-V is a good car. The front-middle seat is pretty small, so don't think you'll get 6 full size people in there with comfort.
It's Kinda "it does what it says on the tin" car. My sister has one & a mate of mine also has another one. Yes, you'd probably only get one if you've got 2 or more kids, but it goes OK, is cheap to run, in diesel form at least & Honda look after their customers very well. Alfa take note!
Servicing is cheap enough, they hold there value pretty well & have enough comfort inside for a long journey. You're never going to fall in love with it, but for everyday family transport it fits the bill.
The mrs has a Honda civic 2.2 diesel & that too is a very good car. It goes far quicker than I thought it would & is actually very nice to drive!
Yeah, I reckon Honda's are OK.
Matt.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your views, i think it might be a good idea to wait on the little un to get here first before doing anything. An estate was on the cards too. I have to admit, i love the 159 but im not too sure on the estate.

2 weeks to go......

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
When we had our little girl we decided to get a bigger car, what prompted us was watching how friends and family get on with their 3dr vehicles with kids, it was just plainly obvious that if you want an easy life a 4 door car was a must, so we went out looking, we already had our car seat and pram so when going to dealers we took it with us to check fitment etc, it's really surprising how much space these things take up, same with the pram, so we moved from cars like the Bravo etc. to looking at estates.

Estates seemed the best compromise really for us at least as we go out with family a fair bit, we had lots of people comment that getting a big car for one kid was overkill but to me buying a motor thats not going to fit future needs seems a bit ridiculous too considering the money you'd loose changing when kids 2, 3 and the dog come along :lol: in the end did end up with a 7 seater, it was not because we needed it it was purely based on what we got for our money, left requirements for our vehicle and trade in with most of the dealers in the South West and went with the best price, we didn't really care what it was, it'll be a workhorse it just didn't matter, ended up with a Grand Scenic and I have to say I think its superb, not a rattle or squeak in 20k, 18k servicing, has not needed to visit a dealer for anything bar its service and does 50+mpg. When we go camping with friends we watch them struggle with their little cars and I just laugh to myself as I can pack everything plus the kitchen sink in the boot and still have 5 seats free.

FR-V was the missus favourite car as it looked more normal, Honda at the time wouldn't do a good deal and its not the biggest but decent enough, top of my list was probably the S-max or Toyota but they were just too much money, same for the Accord Tourer. Renault was only £12k brand new(over 7k off list, big Renaults eh :eek: ) , less than a mid range Mito, its a lot of car for the money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts