Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my own eventually and I fitted it two days ago, great sound, great power in low revs etc., took the car for an half hour spin with a friend, and then, pulling away from a traffic light, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and then it broke, the welding wasn't good enough, talked to the one who welded it and we're going to do it again. But still, I was satisfied with the results.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice info

Which model is your 155?
Would it be possible for you to post some work drawings of your test mode?

Cheers

S

·
0 Posts
I made a decat pipe a while ago,i to was happy with the results,it gave about the same increase as the chip.I,ll take a photo and sizes(8 valve,different set up to a 16 valve) and post it
Regards
Shug

J

·
0 Posts
Had a welder make a stainless one for me last year, fabulous job, fifty nicker with lambda probe recess and all. Lovely sound, revs easier etc.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a '93 8v, it's an easy job for the 8v's because the cat is fitted with 3 screws at each end, I used some scrapyard parts at both ends of a straight pipe wich gives a total length of 69 cm, drilled a hole and welded a nut over the hole to fit a brand new Lambda, welded a bracket at approx 17cm of the other end and that's it

T

·
0 Posts
Are you talking about having made up a straight through to replace the CAT?

What do you do, put the CAT back for an MOT?

Also doesn't the lack of an actual CAT upset the emissions and therefore the signal that the lambda probe sends back to the engine?

W

·
0 Posts
Yes, it a straight through pipe to replace the CAT.

Yes, it has to go back before MOT time.

No/yes, the lambda sensor is before, or screwed into the CAT piping, it will fail the emissions test for exhaust gases but not upset the engine management. As said above, you weld a nut on the pipe to screw the sensor back in.

Stil gotta sort mine out :(

wrinx

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, not yet, I'm pretty occupied with my job and I have to take care of another prob, which is, I've got a Supersprint center section and a Sebring backbox, the Supersprint is a bit comes a bit short to fit the Sebring perfect, so the centerpiece is being pulled backwards and the backbox forwards and everything is under a lot of strain now, that's partially the reason why the cat replacement broke off, I've spotted a piece in a shop wich I sould be able to fit between Supersprint and Sebring and then I'll fit the replacement pipe again, I'll let y'all know when I'm done, coming week will I (hopefully) start the work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts