Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed the first series but Ms R has got me hooked on the second!

Is anyone else a fan?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Compulsory viewing, albeit usually recorded and watched later. You need to really pay attention to get the most out of it, so it's not good for me at 9 on Sunday evening ;)

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts
Yes it's excellent :cool: :thumbs:

If you can I'd advise you to stop watching series 2 until you've seen series 1.

C

·
0 Posts
Really enjoyed series 1 but not seen any of series 2 yet, for exactly the same reason as KB.

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts
In related news, I just read elsewhere that season 3 (12 episodes) has been commissioned by Showtime :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
It used to be the case that the Americans made good movies, and crap TV. That seems to be reversed these days, with unadventurous, derivative movies, but a succession of excellent 'HBO type' mini-series.

R

·
0 Posts
Regrettably though they also have the habit of not knowing when to stop and hence constantly re commissioning and not noticing that there is an argument against too much of a good thing.

Homeland is great viewing but is based on a single plot device - already season 2 is not as good as 1 IMO and spinning it out into a third and maybe more seems daft to me.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Regrettably though they also have the habit of not knowing when to stop and hence constantly re commissioning and not noticing that there is an argument against too much of a good thing.

Homeland is great viewing but is based on a single plot device - already season 2 is not as good as 1 IMO and spinning it out into a third and maybe more seems daft to me.
Very true, although that is far from a wholly American failing.

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
I always thought that, during the first season, he was a "double-agent", pretending to be on the side of the terrorists....right up until the evacuation into the bunker. Clicking the button meant he was on the side of Abu Nazir.

Now I can only hope that during season two he's turned and becomes that double agent, otherwise the story really has nowhere to go. Unless it turns into The Fugitive.

AND, why does everyone, call him Brody? Even Mrs Brody.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
We got into it late so are at episode 9 of the boxset and have been recording series 2 !
It is gripping and I echo the sentiments of thiose above that say the Americans are producing some great series at the moment and have been for a while. We've got the Wire to go through yet and also Breaking Bad

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
That is us up to date now, so much so that even although we'd missed 25 minutes of last nights episode, the wife wanted to watch it and we will record the episode again on Tuesday so we can watch the bit we missed.

Twist and turns galore!

(His Mrs is still fit thankfully)

One thing that is annoying is the way his daughter speaks, I can hardly pick up half the things she is saying.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts