Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that its possible to get the remap program, buy the chip the program it at home...I know that some Fiat Coupe owners have done it...Does any one know any more info that can help me...

Does any one know what chip the alfa gtv uses?

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Depending one what ecu it uses, some old engines are "chipped" instead of being remaped.
What is done is to have the epron chip taken out and replaced by other, with different maps. But it's something that must be made with extremely careful.

Check Autodelta as they have solutions for this. Remember that only old engines are chipped. The more recent engines with different engine management are remaped. Your GTV V6 can be chipped.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When said remap I probably should say chipped...that what I'm thinking of doing...I have a friend that can maybe get the program and I could maybe program it because I work in electronics...Just not well informed in what kind of chip the car uses and If I even have the right programmer...thats what I'm trying to find out

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Forget about work yourself the maps!! It's not that simple!

Get the chip from Autodelta or Squadra, as GTV-TB said.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I know that its hard to get...But if I could get it I could chippe my car for more a less 10€ and a Super bock...:cheese:

And Just confirmed that the chip the car uses I can program then here no problem...Just need The program it self...:thumbs:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
If you really lke your motor, don't do it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have tested some of the files, HP and torque were there,
but they all had problems with over boost protection.
Managed all that often trigger it with a boost spike
(maybe my driving:p), fuel is switched off and it feels like
you have to collide with something, and a really dull thing
is that ECU seems to set a "dangerous" flag on the trottle position
where the spike arose and this flag is not reset until the engine
has been switched off, this means that you can not use the entire
trottle register without the boost protection triggers even if
you are not under boost.
(lots of kangaroo'ing befor engin have bin switched off)

After one week I was realy tired of those chips and did go back to OE.

The most sensible is probably using a known chip such as Squadras or to use the Dawes Device to increase the charging pressure when the OE chip seems to be flexible enough to handle a higher base boost.

Also if you run a chip of more or less unknown origin, you should use a wideband lamda so you can keep an eye on that the engine not runs lean, with burned valves and similar as results.

Good luck.
:)

D

·
0 Posts
When said remap I probably should say chipped...that what I'm thinking of doing...I have a friend that can maybe get the program and I could maybe program it because I work in electronics...Just not well informed in what kind of chip the car uses and If I even have the right programmer...thats what I'm trying to find out
That's like saying 'I'm not paying for the clothes that I bought until you give me back my fur coat that I lent to Mrs Schultz.'

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Sheeeshhh twice...

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Yes I know that its hard to get...But if I could get it I could chippe my car for more a less 10€ and a Super bock...:cheese:

And Just confirmed that the chip the car uses I can program then here no problem...Just need The program it self...:thumbs:
Plenty of blank 27c256 around but tell me where are you going to get a 87c257 from ?:lol::cheese::lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts