Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
How do you get that to stay on your head?
Ahhh...that will have been where you have been going wrong all these years...you don't put the amplifier on your head - that's where the headphones go, they have special bits for your ears and everything ;)

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Just as an an antidote to all the cutting-edge streaming solutions, here is my decidedly old-school Woo Audio Headphone amp, which features the finest in 1920's technology
Nice! :thumbs:
I suppose those valves keep your hands nice and warm when you're out jogging too? :cheeky:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I went old skool recently and bought some Celestion DL4 S2s from fleabay. They're a bit beaten up but they sound great. No, they're not wireless. :)
Still using my Celestion Ditton 15s from 1974. Sadly the Sanyo amp I bought at the same time packed up a couple of years ago and the Denon replacement has a slightly tinnier texture, though it's not too bad.

·
Registered
8,608 Posts
Still using my Celestion Ditton 15s from 1974. Sadly the Sanyo amp I bought at the same time packed up a couple of years ago and the Denon replacement has a slightly tinnier texture, though it's not too bad.
I'm sure that Sanyo amp would be easily fixable.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Have a set of Sonus Faber Venere 2.5s powered in bi-amp, by a Densen B340.
Sources are my computer through an Aune X1s, or my Pro-Ject RPM 5.1 through a tube RIAA (which name I don't currently recall) and a passive pre.

Next upgrade is likely a Cambridge Audio CXNv2 or Densen B230Cast.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts