Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year with the addition of a little one i bought a cheap second car that could be the family tank. i own a gtv v6 and a saab 9-3, my insurer wanted silly prices to add the saab so after a little searching and a little direction from this site i found a broker who could offer a home fleet policy from an insurer called tradex. total price was about £550 and excess of £250.

Fan fair and positive posts on here followed. now my renewal.........£890 with £500 excess and an excuse that the home fleet market has been re assessed and policies were going north.

looking to insure the 1999 gtv v6 and the 2001 saab 9-3 and hopefully still fall under the £600 any advice or direction gratefully recieved.

cheers

Neil

ps 36years, full uk since 1993, NCB i think atleast 6 years, no points no claims ....

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well had to bite the bullet and renew with my current peeps. even though the policy increased from £650 to £830 nobody else could get close. admiral multi wanted £1080, and a few brokers would mirror my no claims accross both vehicles but struggled to com in under the £1k mark.:(

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I've been looking for multi-car policies with a few different insurers for the GTV and the MX5, all were absolutely mental... over £2k, which is more than just insuring the GTV with my current maximum ncb and starting from scratch with 0 ncb on the '5! Bit of a joke really, especially when I've got two bikes insured as well - I can only be using *one* of the vehicles at a time. :lol:

W

·
0 Posts
Annabella,

Have you tried Admiral multi-car policy?

I'll be taking out a policy with them this week and will be checking what will be the situation if I add a further car.

John

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried them and they were reasonable gtv v6 was £535 and the Saab 9-3 was £580. Not sure how that came to be as the Saab has a lower spec and risk and ins. Rating, but that adds up to £1115 too much for me. I'm only driver.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i think if you are the only driver than there is no point to have Admiral Multi car ryt. :)

True ish, i might be the only driver but i do own 2 cars. multicar allows your NCB to be used on both cars where as individual policies don't. without the multi car aspect AF offered a very competitive £515 for the alfa but wouldn't carry the NCB for the Saab thus saab quote was £1340. don't think i need to do the maths!! to spell that quote out :wow:

This homefleet policy may have increased but it still fits the bill, i can even add more cars to the policy with only a certificate fee as long as the car isn't a mad modded beast.

regards

Neil

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drag this back up time.... home fleet renewal this year has soared to an amazing £1175 arrgghh, just done 2 multicar quotes, Admiral £2054 and aviva £3964. Are these peeps in the real world. car 1 is my gtv v6 and car 2 is a new purchase a 52 plate wrx estate. i have license clean for 20 years and full NCB and yet i get these quotes????

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I got about £1.5k for my GT and Spider. I then wanted to add my F355. They wanted another £1300 for that.
For me I don't think living where I do and what cars I own are good for Multicar.

Separately I get all three for about £1200.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts