Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Asbestos pants (check) internal sprinkler system (small but effective (Check) re-entry heat sheild (check) Here goes...

I really really don't like the new Ferrari Califonia. I had the chance/misfortune to witness this car in the flesh at the Bromley pageant recently.

PRICE:tut:

I know ferrari's are expensive but this car just abuses the privelidge. If it's performance and looks were any indication they'd need to pay me to drive it away.

LOOKS:vomit:

It has a front end that looks like face of a fat lad stuck in a lift. As owners begin to look like their dogs, judging by the fat Ralph Lauren clad 50 year olds slavering over this car so this dog will look like it's owner and boys and girls, there won't be any major surgery involved. For those how don't know what we are talking about here this is it. Hold on to your breakfast.

View attachment 70575

LOOKS Cont:vomit:

Look at the size of that AR5E. I mean I know pasta helps you puts on the pounds but this is no excuse. What the hell is going on with those rear wheel arches. They look like they've been lifted from a 50's Bently continental. The doors don't know what the hell they're up to. Where are those creases going ? Why is the door catch so prominent when they could have hidden it away.

ENZO

Historically Enzo used to abhore people who bought his cars He was the first to admit that he only produced a road car to pay for the racing but I don' think I've ever seen such a cynical marketing exercise.

BRAND

Ferrari's used to be about passion now all they seem to care about is where to put the golf clubs and exploiting the brand.

CHAV:(

If you bought this at around £180,000 You might know what sort of car it was, but just in case it has (in the cabin) 5 Prancing horses and the word Ferrari written 3 times. This is not a F***** trainer it a Ferrari. I know what I've bought!

LIGHTS

Then we get to the lights WTF ! These would be fine on some chavs Punto or a Toyota or a Honda. But on a Ferrari jeez! What were they thinking of ? Did some one leave the CAD on over night and let the cleaner have a go ?

The rear end looks like a cheap electric fire, in fact I swear if I'd de badged this car you'd swear bit was a Mazda.

FANS

Now I love Ferrari, and I'll always try and see some thing good about their cars (even the Dino) but I cant bear those people who slavishly worship everything that comes out of Maranello.

I'd love you comments, so please have a squint and a post all I ask is to please look at the car objectively and try to forget it's a Ferrari for a moment.

God knows I do:rant:

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Fantastic rant! :lol::thumbs::cool:

And true-ish ;)

N

·
0 Posts
Actual photos will look better.
Especially when shot with a backdrop of the Pacific Coast Highway. (CA 1)

:cool: :p

·
Registered
864 Posts
The last Ferrari that could be considered good looking is the 456GT.

The last of the really genuinely beautiful Ferraris was the 328.

·
Registered
864 Posts
The 456GT... Wasn't that the one you could get in an "Estate" option?

I'm probably going to regret saying this, but I quite like the 612.

360 is a pretty car too.
There was just a one-off 456 estate made (probably) for a rich Sheik. Not sure which coacbuilder designed / built it but the end result actually looked great.

S

·
0 Posts
Ferrari's are to be driven, not to ponce around in. I hate this car and I would rather hang myself by my balls then drive or even own this car!!!

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Reminds me of those ridiculous Lexus 460 (?) hard top convertible things. Gross. Driven by people with way too much money and way too little taste/style. The 50 something orange D and G wearing lush that has considerably more money than you! Or a premier footballer of course......

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
There was just a one-off 456 estate made (probably) for a rich Sheik. Not sure which coacbuilder designed / built it but the end result actually looked great.
If you check out google images there are pics of 2 different 'estates'

·
Registered
864 Posts
If you check out google images there are pics of 2 different 'estates'
You're quite right rafe. :thumbs:

In fact on further investigation it seems that Pininfarina actually built seven examples. I remember seeing a metallic green one advertised for sale ages ago and I thought it looked stunning, even better than the 'standard' 456 (in the same way that the 156 Sportwagon is much better looking than the saloon :lol:)... I just assumed it was a one-off but there you go, you live and learn!

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
You're quite right rafe. :thumbs:

In fact on further investigation it seems that Pininfarina actually built seven examples. I remember seeing a metallic green one advertised for sale ages ago and I thought it looked stunning, even better than the 'standard' 456 (in the same way that the 156 Sportwagon is much better looking than the saloon :lol:)... I just assumed it was a one-off but there you go, you live and learn!
Still not sure that a Ferrari 'estate' is right though. In the same way that my Mrs insists that our car is not an estate (because alfa shouldnt make an estate) but it is infact a sportwagon :lol:

ps I prefer the sw to the saloon too :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts