Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so its raining again today but its getting nearer to the holiday season, so where are all the AO members off to this year.

Me :: Butlins in July (Keep the youngsters happy)
Cornwall in October early part (caravan and relaxing)
Prague in October late part (shooting and boozing)
:)

So where you all going ? :thumbs:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Wherever the whim or fancy take us? Never pre-book in advance more sort of:" Fancy a trip there, Dear?" If we do like the idea, then we make the enquiries regarding accommodation and travel accordingly. Bit hit and miss, but suits us fine.:):

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Turkey. All inclusive. At the end of July. Me my 3 kids. And my girlfriend and her kid. 6 of us in total.
Normally it would cost a small fortune but my girlfriend is the manager of a branch of Thomas Cook and she gets a 75% discount!
Praise the Lord!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wherever the whim or fancy take us? Never pre-book in advance more sort of:" Fancy a trip there, Dear?" If we do like the idea, then we make the enquiries regarding accommodation and travel accordingly. Bit hit and miss, but suits us fine.:):
Thats sometimes the best way zf wait and then book at last minute :thumbs:

Turkey. All inclusive. At the end of July. Me my 3 kids. And my girlfriend and her kid. 6 of us in total.
Normally it would cost a small fortune but my girlfriend is the manager of a branch of Thomas Cook and she gets a 75% discount!
Praise the Lord!
75% off !! thats brilliant and on an all inclusive :)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Hopefully will make my second drving trip abroad late summer! Me and the gf have planned taking the ferry across to Holland to a Eurocamp park called Beekse Bergen.

Has a big lake and safari park next door! :thumbs:

Would be the first big trip in the Alfa too!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Cornwall in October early part (caravan and relaxing)

Very similar, but Devon in August. The little 'un is very excited already, only three months to go! (His mother is not much better. :thumbs: )

Been on a couple of stag weekends already and a few more weekends away planned for the year but nowhere fancy and foreign, not this year.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very similar, but Devon in August. The little 'un is very excited already, only three months to go! (His mother is not much better. :thumbs: )

Been on a couple of stag weekends already and a few more weekends away planned for the year but nowhere fancy and foreign, not this year.
Devon is really nice, if you need a list of places to visit then let me know as its right on my doorstep :thumbs:

·
Registered
997 Posts
Bit of a road trip with the Girlfriend so far booked
Ferry Dover - Calais
1st night Freiburg (Germany)
2nd -3rd night Saas Fee (Switzerland)
Then 5/6 days parents' holiday place in Spello Umbria
Then 1 night in Florence
After that nothing booked as yet although want to go back via france so I can see the Millau Viaduct .
All kicks off oon Friday 3rd July can't wait :)

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Probably a week at the in-laws caravan in Dumfries and Galloway and maybe a week in a cottage in the Highlands or the Lakes. Still to decide.

Nothing exotic anyway - frugality is the by-word (damned recession).
We're in a similar boat.... HMS Redundant.
Camping in Perth in July..... and see what the rest of the year brings.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Devon is really nice, if you need a list of places to visit then let me know as its right on my doorstep :thumbs:
Cheers I'd really appreciate that; there's so much to see and do down there that we're really going to have to plan our week carefully.

We're staying in south Devon and definitely plan on going to the zoo (Paignton?) one day. I remember from when I was a little 'un myself that there was a motor museum at Totnes - do you know if it's still there?

We'll possibly go to Torquay as well, would you recommend it?

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Off to Italy at the end of Aug, via France, Switzerland and a couple of nights in Innsbruck. Then 2 weeks at the parents place near Frosinone, then back via a night in Lucca, and a night in Basel. Won't be taking the GTA though, going in the GFs Bravo (which will save a shed load of money! :rolleyes: )

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers I'd really appreciate that; there's so much to see and do down there that we're really going to have to plan our week carefully.

We're staying in south Devon and definitely plan on going to the zoo (Paignton?) one day. I remember from when I was a little 'un myself that there was a motor museum at Totnes - do you know if it's still there?

We'll possibly go to Torquay as well, would you recommend it?

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. :thumbs:
Torquay is recommended if its sunny, if its not there is a huge waterslide park there so might keep the kids happy for a few hours.

Seaton and Sidmouth are worth a visit and they have a working Minature tram line thet goes for a few miles (again ) the kids will love it.

Try Lyme Regis for a visit to a lovely seaside town which has something for everyone, lovely beach, harbour, views of the Jurrasic coast and cracking pubs for lunch by the seaside. :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Torquay is recommended if its sunny, if its not there is a huge waterslide park there so might keep the kids happy for a few hours.

Seaton and Sidmouth are worth a visit and they have a working Minature tram line thet goes for a few miles (again ) the kids will love it.

Try Lyme Regis for a visit to a lovely seaside town which has something for everyone, lovely beach, harbour, views of the Jurrasic coast and cracking pubs for lunch by the seaside. :)
Great thanks. :thumbs:

I'll make a note af those. Nearer the time we plan to make a list of things to do on dry and wet days to avoid flapping around trying to decide what to do.

Hadn't considered Lyme Regis to be honest, sounds great and definitely one for the list, as is the miniature tram line. I like the sound of the waterslide park too... Miss Freddie won't be so keen but I've a feeling she'll be outvoted!

Thanks for posting. :cool:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Italy, Amalfi in two weeks. And Isle of Wight in September.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Argeles-s-Mer in Languedoc-Rousillon, right down near the Spanish border in a couple of weeks. First time we'll have been to this part of France.

Calais -Chartres - Issoire - Argeles - Souillac - Chartres - Calais, though we'll be taking the Citroen rather than the GTV. Much more economical and to be honest more comfortable on a long run, plus of course loads more space in the estate. Anyone know if it's still worth stocking up on booze now with the current exchange rate?

Didn't expect to be going abroad this year but good old Tesco Clubcard points are paying most of it again.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts