Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to lighten up the post Xmas gloom and pitiful weather outside by looking forward to already booked holidays in 2012.

I will start (this is also a request for help dressed up as a holiday thread BTW) -

Last 2 weeks of June, villa booked in Gassin, South of France. Me, Mrs Dibnah, the 3 babies, my 23 year old daughter and her boyfriend :rolleyes:, the mother in law :rolleyes::rolleyes: and my parents :thumbs: all staying there.

Looking forward to it immensely.

All family are flying down to Nice or Toulon at various times during the 2 weeks to join us - but me, Mrs D and the babies are intending to drive down and take 2-3 days in each direction to add to the fun.

Anyone done the long run down with small kids before? Looking to stop over at Reims and Lyon but will happily veer off if interesting places to stay/see are recommended. I don't want to do more than 4-5 hours of driving on any one day.

Someone at work mentioned doing the Route Napoleon from Grenoble down to Cannes as a great driving road, but they clearly weren't aware that I will be in a heavily overloaded Volvo XC90.....

Anyone else already booked up and counting the days down to a nice break in the sun this summer?

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
We're off to Champoluc, Italy, on Saturday for a week. Can't wait - I haven't been skiing since December 2010.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Faro, Portugual for a Hen weekend in May... Then hopefully planning either skiing or Berlin towards the end of the year depending on funds

E

·
0 Posts
Nothing booked yet, but looking to visit Geneva for a geeky couple of days including a visit to CERN if possible, and then hope to move on to the Italian lakes for a spell. In all honesty this maybe the last year I own the GTA so looking to make this a road trip :cool:

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Not quite a holiday just yet but I'll be in Thailand for two weeks with work at some point in the next few months and I'm planning on taking an extra couple of weeks afterwards to fly miss b out and extend the work stay into a holiday. :D

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Nothing booked yet, but looking to visit Geneva for a geeky couple of days including a visit to CERN if possible, and then hope to move on to the Italian lakes for a spell. In all honesty this maybe the last year I own the GTA so looking to make this a road trip :cool:
CERN? I'm jealous............the particle accelerator is s'posed to be awesome

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Not quite a holiday just yet but I'll be in Thailand for two weeks with work at some point in the next few months and I'm planning on taking an extra couple of weeks afterwards to fly miss b out and extend the work stay into a holiday. :D
work? I get ya! ;)

E

·
0 Posts
What!???!
Looking at things realistically. It has been 6 years of fun with the GTA, but I am looking for a new job and don't want to work in London any more so will likely be driving. That plus I am possibly going to change career, so it is unlikely I will be earning as much and able to keep it going.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm off snowboarding in Montenegro at the end of the month, can't wait.

It was only 3 months ago I was sandboarding in the desert in Dubai!!!

Main holiday's not booked yet for 2012.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Booked a load of Friday/Mondays this morning to ensure I can do the various summer beer festivals that look worth the effort, might have to start growing the beard soon...

Aside from that there may be a boating holiday in the offing, a week on the Farr Canal or similar.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts