Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys.

i'm looking at renting a holiday cottage down in the cornwall/devon/somerset coast and have been looking on the usual visitcornwall cottages4you type websites and found some nice ones, just wondered if you guys knew of anything local that may not be on the national radar.

we would need a cottage/house within walking distance of the sea, 2 bedrooms (2 adults, 2 children) available last week in august and a little off the beaten track would be nice so my alfa doesn't have to sleep on the street :lol:

any ideas??

kev.

·
Administrator
45,771 Posts
Toad Hall cottages is another.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks very much for the advice/links guys :thumbs:

got a nice cottage booked now near to crackington haven (no smutty jokes, please :lol:) which sounds just the job :cool:

can't wait. water/beaches look so much better than the east coast near me, skeggy sea is brown in colour, don't ask what's in there :tut: :lol:

been to dawlish/torquay a few times but not down this coast. hope it all goes well and the sun shines :thumbs:

may even get lucky and fall on a local AO meet :D

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
just came bk from an amazing holiday sounds like what your after ! you can sit up in bed and see the beach if you add me on facebook (john perkins) my profile pic is a bugatti with bug as the number plate , you can see what its like i am giving her the keys bk to moro so if your interested i can ask for you

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ps take a vist to padstow verry nioce there
will give it a look :thumbs: not far from where we are staying.

also sorted tickets to a couple of places, the big sheep at bideford & flambards at helston all courtesy of tesco ;)
will also have a look at lands end after going to flambards, just to say we've been :lol: much else there?

other days will hopefully be spent on the beach doing nothing :D

·
Premium Member
77,389 Posts
will give it a look :thumbs: not far from where we are staying.

also sorted tickets to a couple of places, the big sheep at bideford & flambards at helston all courtesy of tesco ;)
will also have a look at lands end after going to flambards, just to say we've been :lol: much else there?

other days will hopefully be spent on the beach doing nothing :D
Big Sheep is surprisingly good fun.

Clovelly is interesting.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big Sheep is surprisingly good fun.

Clovelly is interesting.
kids are looking forward to the big sheep, sarah does horse riding so pony rides are just the job and rob will be keen on the high wire stuff & army/shooting thing :D might even have a go myself :eek:

did see a place for rent at that clovelly, didn't realise about the no cars thing though :confused:

been down to anderby creek this afternoon for some sun, warm sunshine but breezy. hope late august down there will be better :thumbs:

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you've got the time, the Eden Project just outside St.Austell is a must-do. It's well sign posted from the main A30 but it is on the opposite coast to where you'll be so it's a bit of a trek but well worth the effort! Get there early to avoid the queues. Take very little clothing & lots to drink - the tropical biome will be well over 30 deg C. in August! Kids will love it & it's interesting for adults too.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you've got the time, the Eden Project just outside St.Austell is a must-do. It's well sign posted from the main A30 but it is on the opposite coast to where you'll be so it's a bit of a trek but well worth the effort! Get there early to avoid the queues. Take very little clothing & lots to drink - the tropical biome will be well over 30 deg C. in August! Kids will love it & it's interesting for adults too.
:thumbs: nice one, will probably give it a go if we get a wet week, suerly not possible in the UK in august :lol:
not too far from where we wil be, within a ride out anyway. cheers :thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts