Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 557 Posts

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To relieve the unnecessary worry caused to members of the forum by unnotified and inconsiderate periods of absence, this thread is to be used in future as a means of applying for time off from the forum :).

If you wish to take time off, please post your request here and it will be given due consideration by those that count :lol:

The required notice for time off is as follows,

1 to 6 days, 1 weeks notice

7 to 14 days, 2 weeks notice

15 days or more, don't be so fecking greedy and do some work :tut: :tut:

On occasion, it may be necessary for a member to take time off at short notice and in these circumstances a shorter period of notice may suffice. However, don't take the ****. Your work here is important and we can't have you running off whenever you may see fit :D

Clearly we wish to avoid clashes when vital members wish to take time off at the same time. For instance, it will not be permitted for nomad, BigFoot, Happy Man, Classicgal93, Lookin4Ferdi, dpat, Kurzon etc etc to take time off at the same time as me :tut:

Cover for Canada is to be agreed between CG and Tors. It's a big country, we can't have you both off at the same time :tut:

Zulu Ferret may take leave as and when he chooses because he just cracks me up :lol: This also goes for all other members who may be 'over a certain age' ;)

PaulR and BigFoot will arrange cover for the 'Gibbo's Word of the Day' thread should Gibbo be given any more time off :rolleyes: :D

Nev must arrange cover for the Rant Lounge well in advance of any leave he will require. It takes ages for anyone to store up so much anger :D

By joining Alfaowner.com you have involuntarily agreed to all the above :D

Any further ajudications will of course be notified to members if I can be @rsed :D

Thank you for your assistance. Hopefully this will go some way to preventing those 'where's nomad' type threads :D

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Zulu Ferret may take leave as and when he chooses because he just cracks me up :lol: This also goes for all other members who may be 'over a certain age' ;)
I'm sorry but I must request that this policy be amended as it violates the latest laws regarding age discrimination :tut:

Seriously though, funny one! :D

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Can I have next week off :confused: - I'll try and be extra funny between now and tomorrow at 4 when I finish work to make up for my absence.....

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
Can I have next week off :confused: - I'll try and be extra funny between now and tomorrow at 4 when I finish work to make up for my absence.....
Yes but only if extra funny doesn't mean extra pervy ;)

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just thought of an additional rule;

Kevin and Gary Slegg may not take holiday at the same time. The remaining Slegg must slag off the vacationing Slegg until his return. Whereupon the vacationing Slegg may redress the balance by slagging off his brother. All this Slegg slagging will take place in the Rant Lounge under the strict supervision of Nev.

All other members must behave in an appropriate manner during the Slegg slagging and may not participate.

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think you forgot about the 1-day a year special Slegg Event, where the bros have to carry the Slaggs' avatars and actually slag off the rest of the site :D :lol:
No mate, that comes under the same category as Bank Holidays, Christmas, Easter, Chinese New Year, Hanukkah etc etc :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
JAll this Slegg slagging will take place in the Rant Lounge under the strict supervision of Nev.

All other members must behave in an appropriate manner during the Slegg slagging and may not participate.
Heh heh heh!

Will do. ;)

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Do these rules extend to sickness and/or injuries?
All members requiring sick leave must apply at least 1 month in advance. Sickness from work does not count as this usually gives the member much more time to spend on the forums :)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
All members requiring sick leave must apply at least 1 month in advance. Sickness from work does not count as this usually give the member much more time to spend on the forums :)
Ah ha - cunning!

Can I formally request holiday then?

I'll be on hol in SA (Hoorah!!!) for the last 2 weeks of Oct and 1st week of Nov.

Ta :D

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now that seems to fall into the over 15 days category... and you know how we feel about that :tut: :tut:

We will require your phone number where you are staying and expect you to get online as often as humanly possible :tut:

And also, what Ferdi is about to say vvvv :D

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
*Whispers* Gibbo - tell him :mad: NO :mad: - unless he brings back exotic gifts/sweets/disease's for all AO members

1 - 20 of 557 Posts