Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Alfa 156 1.9 mjet 140hp 2004
Just wondering if I had a hole in the air intake hose (the one with three ends), could that be a cause of a MCSF?
I have looked at several other things but they are not the cause.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I believe that tube is called the snorkle. A leak after the air flow meter will cause your car to run poorly. If you don't know where the airflow meter is (MAF) it is on top of the air box and has a plug and wire connected to it. If the engine is recieving any un-metered air the cars map is going to call a fault and probably run poorly.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
best is to plug it in to MES and read the fault codes.it might not be air intake related at all

Reactions: dgmayhead

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe that tube is called the snorkle. A leak after the air flow meter will cause your car to run poorly. If you don't know where the airflow meter is (MAF) it is on top of the air box and has a plug and wire connected to it. If the engine is recieving any un-metered air the cars map is going to call a fault and probably run poorly.
cool, that is what I was thinking....the error is wrong fuel pressure, but if the air quantity is not correct, actually if there is more/less air it can show the fuel error...
Am I right?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
cool, that is what I was thinking....the error is wrong fuel pressure, but if the air quantity is not correct, actually if there is more/less air it can show the fuel error...
Am I right?
Thanks
Not sure. I'd expect a code associated with MAF and MAP not fuel rail pressure if air was drawn in elsewhere. The car would presumably be down on power and under fueling.

Have you found a leak?
What does the car run like?

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Am I right?
Thanks
Have you a code that points to "wrong fuel pressure"? If so, what is it?

I'm not aware of a specific code for "wrong fuel pressure".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts