Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new owner here, picked up a 156 Selespeed 2000/W yesterday. 34k miles!!.....(bargain @ 400 notes)

But...despite the nice low miles it does seem to be holding back. When I lightly accelerate it feels nice and positive but when i try and accelerate hard (more gas) it seems to actually accelerate slower and is a tad lumpy/jerky.

I know nothing about Alfa's so hoping for some ideas to bring back some smoothness to the drive and more ooommppphhh that I feel it really should have.

(Oh it seems underpowered as my other car, a 2.0l Turbo Diesel Mondeo can happily keep up with it...lol)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lovely, Ill try that in the morning...one thing though...where is it!!

EDIT _ My bad, just seen it in the pic...lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disconnected MAF, made it misfire a tad when revving but when actually driving a vast improvement. So im guessing thats dead.

Now do I get an OEM replacement or one of the £30 jobbies off ebay??

L

·
0 Posts
only use BOSCH Maf's, i'd also advise looking at reason why the MAF went bad? is the air box lid sealed down properly with the 3 bolts in its lid? [ i suspect not ]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol...theres a man that knows his cars....sure enough, wobbly with only 1 bolt in it!! (Thank you!)

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
And fix the air box lid!

·
Registered
416 Posts
if you know nothing about Alfa's... check the engine and selespeed oil levels very frequently to save lots of headaches.

p.s i know nothing about Alfas as well :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
9,912 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PIA to start this morning, cut out a couple of times at junctions on the school run. In the process of resetting the ECU so hopefully that will sort it out once and for all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts