Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was all geared up to do the brakes on my 16V Twinny. I had replacement pads & discs for the front and rear.

Whe it cam eto stripping down the fronts, we noticed that the discs that were on the car, were BIGGER tahn the replacemets ones i had!!!!

Measured them and found them to be 284mm, basically Q4 Jobbies!!!!!! Strange or what,

Friday afternoon on the production line me thinks, too busy thinking bout how much sambuca they were gonna nail, that friday night :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dom, remind me what car you have. The 1.8 discs are smaller than the 2.0.

The 284's were supplied to 2.0, V6 and Q4 (I think!).

wrinx

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Just to add to that the Sport pack discs are different again I think they are Brembos not that means anything but I know of two cases where this has happened.Alfapat :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
My car is a 2.0L 16V T.SPARK, 1995 Widebodied. Its not a sportspack model, as it has the stabdard 12 hole pepper pot style alloys, no spolier. The side skirts are not colour coded either.
The Size for standard 2.0 16V are 257mm.
Now ive got mess about swapping teh discs and pads also paying the difference for the Q4/V6 Jobbies :(

Dom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
Wrinx, OH yea the 16V brakes are 284mm. The guys at my local motor factors have supplied me with the 8V versions then, Well they must have.

I'll need to go back to them and tell them that they have given me the wrong size discs.

Dom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dom

Watch out for another 'error' on some patterm discs. I bought some 284mm AP discs for my 16v, they were visibly identical to the old ones however once fully tightened to the hub, they were hard against the brake caliper carrier, even with the dust cover removed. This wasn't simply a case of wrong parts sent, the AP part numbers matched the Alfa.

I phoned Alfashop in Norwich who knew straight away what was wrong, some manufacturers got the offset wrong hence the disc fouled the carrier. I sent the AP's back and got a set from Alfashop which fitted fine and were reasonably priced......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to worry you even more, a mate of mine had to put up with three sets of wrong discs before finding the right ones............not really what you want to hear!!! :(

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh Sh**t sounds like, absolute murder of a job just to get the right discs.

I rang the supplier to day, Explained that I nedded the 284mm Discs, he's ordered them in for me, I should be fitting them at the end of the week.

Thanks for your post wrinx :rolleyes: lol

Also the pads were wrong as well, the ones taht came were quite alot smaller than the ones on the car. When I rang the supplier up they said that they NOW neded to know wethere I had ATE or Lucas calipers.

OH DEAR frown

·
Registered
715 Posts
What you need is a parts CD to type your chassis number in. Then you can get the right original manufacturers part. Never changed the discs on mine but have had them off a few times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts