Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the 159 on Saturday. The "brake pads worn out" message came on the same day after 150 miles. And the oil temperature gauge doesn't work.:cry:

So within 48 hours of picking it up, it's back in the workshop for a couple more days for them to sort out.

It's pretty inconvenient, swapping shifts and asking colleagues to cover the odd hour for me.

But, hey ho stuff happens and the dealer - Chris Variava in Nottingham - are doing what they can. :thumbs: Apparently, the wire to the brake pad sensor is easily broken when the wheels are looked at during an MOT (which it passed last week). And as said elsewhere, the oil sensor replacement is a big job.

They've lent me a MiTo as well. It's a hoot. Makes the 90 mile journey to the dealer a bit more bearable.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Unfortunate start - shame that this wasnt picked up before you collected - but at least you are getting good aftersales service. With a bit of luck, hopefully you will be problem free once you collect the car!

Good news on the Mito too - some people are not so lucky in getting a courtesy car from main dealers!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure how they could have known though Fraser. It took a while before the brake pad warning came on and I'm guessing the road test wouldn't have generated enough heat for the oil temp to register on the gauge.

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt on this. Plus, if I am reasonable about it, I have something in the bank should there be further problems...

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
Hope you have the 159 back for Ancaster on the 30th.......:)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Shame about the start - fingers crossed it gets sorted asap. :(
A bottle of wine and/or bunch of flowers for the inconvenience wouldn't go amiss either ;)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Keep hoping! :lol:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woo and indeed hoo. Just had a phonecall from dealer and the 159 is ready. They're driving it up to me and will swap it for the loaner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts