Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm looking into the possibility of purchasing an Alfa.

The time has come for me (at the old age of 20) to get something a little more frugal and cheaper to insure than my Civic Type R :(

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8259/coryek95af.jpg

I intend to keep my beloved CRX VTEC in the garage, only to be set free on sunny summer days :)

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1104/coryee87wz.jpg

Anyway, I'm looking for information about JTD engined Alfas - 147 is the prime target for the time being. I'd take the stunningly gorgeous GT but it seems a little out of my price range at the moment.

I'm here to search for information on economy, day to day performance (who gives a toss about 0 - 60? Chimps, that's who!) and reliability. Coming from Hondas I'm used to everything functioning exactly how it should - when it should :lol:

Anyhow, its a pleasure to meet you all and this seems like a nice place. I'm off to have a little search around :)

Peace

Cor'.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Hello and welcome, there are plenty of threads on here with regards to all the above mentioned, the Alfa diesel engines are very good in both performance, economy and reliability, definitely go for a 1.9 JTDmultijet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couple of quick newbie questions...

I assume the 1.9 JTD and 1.9 JTD multijet are different engines?

The first having 115bhp, and the second having 150bhp, right?

Do both have six speed manual transmissions?

Just curious... :)

The insurers want about £400 more to insure the multijet!:lol: :(

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi, welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Can't remember off the top of my head, that sounds about right, I think the 150 bhp does have a 6 speed, shame about the insurance, the mjet is the one to have, as I hear it's more reliable, + you can chip it to 180bhp if you so wished to :D

·
Registered
785 Posts
glenda said:
Hi Cory welcome along.

You only think the Honda is good fun, wait until you get an Alfa then you'll really get a smile on your face :D :cool:
I'll say - my last car was a 3.0 Vx Omega and I thought that was fun to drive!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for your kind welcomes :)

I must say, I'm only considering selling the Honda so that I may fund a more frugal daily driver. My preference would be something a little unusual and sexy rather than a VW Golf, which is why I'm here ;)

If I get an Alfa I may well be pleasantly suprised by the fun of it, but that is not my priority. And even so, it is going to take a lot to beat a motor than can do 9000rpm for sheer screaming 'drive it like I stole it' fun!!! :D

I'm willing and able to keep an open mind though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts