Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my beloved 156 hit by some moron in a stolen car so apart from the nightmare of getting the insurance through MIB (God knows how long this can take...any body have a similar thing happen?) I now have to pay for the repair as I cant be carless for too long but they've knocked the front wheel back 1-2" drivers side. I will need to get a quote on monday for the repair but just wondered if any body has had a similar happen and how much was it to repair. Engine runs fine but the noise when put in 1st brought tears to my eyes so I'm guessing the clutch system is out at least. I now have to wait until monday for the bad news but hoped someone here may have an idea of repair costs so maybe the shock might not be as bad...hey who knows it might be quite cheap, after all I've only had the car stolen once and hit twice my luck has to change sometime...doesnt it?

thanks in advance
Alex
ps drove her to Monaco last year around the f1 course please tell me she's going to be OK! :cry:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
MIB cases can take a long long long time, they investigate it fully to see if there are any other insurers who can take the pop basically. As long as you give your ins all the info they ask for quickly then it will speed things up a bit, it can take upto 3 years and usually takes about 6 months to 18 months to sort out, however it can be quicker depends if they catch the driver of the stolen car or not as they usually wait for the outcome of the criminal proceedings against them.

As for repairs I can't help you there i'm afraid not my area but im sure someone will come along and help you :)

J

·
0 Posts
if the wheel has been knocked back that far then there is a good chance that it would need to be put on a jig as the chassis leg may be bent....

dependant on the age it could be a write off

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i have no advice for you im affraid but you have my deepest sympathys mate i would be going insane with rage good luck mate

·
Registered
10 Posts
My heart goes out to you Betaromeo, I had some twit hit the front of my car in a car park and drove off. Having to repair it myself cos reckon insurance company would write it off. Good luck and hope everything turns out ok.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune?

Is it Rosso Red? I've got wings/bonnet/bumper in RR, as well as suspension parts, gearbox etc etc.

Might keep the repair costs down :eek:
thanks, might get back to you on this after I have some damage assesment

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well its not a write off thankfully but here's what needs replacing so far;

bottom arm ,anti roll bar ,hub ,shock (will have to order from auto delta) , anti roll bar link pin and drive shft

body work isnt that bad and can be repaired whenever, I'll know a bit more when the car is in the garage

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
well its not a write off thankfully but here's what needs replacing so far;

bottom arm ,anti roll bar ,hub ,shock (will have to order from auto delta) , anti roll bar link pin and drive shft

body work isnt that bad and can be repaired whenever, I'll know a bit more when the car is in the garage
that doesn't sound too bad at all really ... I take it the accident was more of a glancing blow then ...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yep, this happened to me.

Got hit in Feb 06 by a 15 year old scrote in a stolen Fiesta, I repaired front end on my car, £675, took me until Nov 2008 to get reimbursed by the MIB, but I got £675 in full + £300 compensation which is being paid by the scrotes mother at £20 a month..............................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts