Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad::mad::mad:

I was putting petrol in the Mrs punto this morning and heard a bang, I look to the main road and I see an alfa (looked like a 155 or 146) had pulled into the middle of the road (wide road with cehvrons in the middle). Next thing a VW golf drives into the petrol station with a slightly bashed front end and a number plate hanging down.

It was a bit early so it took a few seconds for me to realise what was going on, at first I thought the golf was pulling in to the station to get off the main road (vale road shell station for anyone local) but the [email protected] just drove straight through!! Next thing a middle age man comes running down the road shouting "GET BACK HERE YOU *******!!! YOU *******!!!!!!!"

****!!! I didn't get chance to get his no plate but when I was paying for petrol I told the staff and asked if the cctv will have him, they reckon it will as he came into the station and out the other exit.

I went over to the guy in the alfa (who was on the phone to the police) and I told him he went through the station and he'll be on the cctv. :thumbs:

What a horrible basturd though!!! I was annoyed with myself because I should of tried to stop him or at least got his plate myself instead of relying on cctv. :rant: Happend so quick I just didn't have time to think I suppose. :(

Anyway, I hope they catch the bugger and it turns out alright. :(

N

·
0 Posts
Good thinking on the CCTV. :thumbs:

(You've been watching CSI, haven't ya! ;))

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Wasnt much else you could have done really :thumbs: I bet everyone ignored the situation carried on filling up and drove off , real nice of you to suggest the CCTV :thumbs: Top Man :)

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one else seemed to give a toss. :rolleyes:

The cctv was an instant reaction tbh, never watched CSI in me life :lol:

It's no wonder my insurance premiums are so high. :mad:

Bit strange though, I'm hardly a law abiding citizen yet when I witnessed this I felt I needed to do something and help the guy out. Morals I guess, I'm not a **** all of the time. :cheese::p

S

·
0 Posts
Unlike CSI, in real life CCTV is usually mostly useless, grainy low-res images that can't make out a face or a numberplate usually.

Remember watching one police programme where they had to guess a car's make by it's wheel trims!

You tried your best though G5een :thumbs:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i reckon the cctv will pick out the number plate - that's what it's there for after all, to trace drivers who fill up & leg it without paying. 'bilking' if you watch road wars/police camera action type stuff :D

S

·
0 Posts
i reckon the cctv will pick out the number plate - that's what it's there for after all, to trace drivers who fill up & leg it without paying. 'bilking' if you watch road wars/police camera action type stuff :D
They usually point towards the pumps though with the car stopped for a while, and not towards the entrance, throughway and exit. :confused:

I could be wrong Al.

J

·
0 Posts
makes you wonder why they did a runner.....

Most likely banned driver or non insured, a sad but common fact :(

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
What a horrible basturd though!!! I was annoyed with myself because I should of tried to stop him or at least got his plate myself instead of relying on cctv. :rant: Happend so quick I just didn't have time to think I suppose.
Don't beat yourself up over this. Any driver who is capable of smashing into another person's car and deliberately driving off is more than likely to be capable of running over a good samaritan. :eek:

You could have been plastered all over the forecourt of the garage for what is essentially an insurance matter. A criminal matter, for sure, but one for the Alfa owner's insurance company to take a hit on.

Not a matter for you to be hitting the bonnet, windscreen, then the floor. :tut:

You did the right thing by bringing up the whole CCTV thing. It might have been overlooked otherwise. :thumbs:

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats exactly what my old man said Morgan. :thumbs:

I'm pretty sure the cctv will have him, he went pretty much through the whole station and out the 'back' way past the pumps for HGV's. I know the camera's are all over there because I fill the van up at that pump and can clearly see the van on the t.v. The cctv is good quality too, the whole station had a re-vamp not long ago so it's all new/good quality.

I actually spotted the guy in the alfa walking today :)lol:), if I see him again I may ask him to see how he got on. :thumbs:

V

·
0 Posts
Bit strange though, I'm hardly a law abiding citizen yet when I witnessed this I felt I needed to do something and help the guy out. Morals I guess, I'm not a **** all of the time. :cheese::p
Top work G5een :thumbs:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
:mad::mad::mad:

I was putting petrol in the Mrs punto this morning and heard a bang, I look to the main road and I see an alfa (looked like a 155 or 146) had pulled into the middle of the road (wide road with cehvrons in the middle). Next thing a VW golf drives into the petrol station with a slightly bashed front end and a number plate hanging down.

It was a bit early so it took a few seconds for me to realise what was going on, at first I thought the golf was pulling in to the station to get off the main road (vale road shell station for anyone local) but the [email protected] just drove straight through!! Next thing a middle age man comes running down the road shouting "GET BACK HERE YOU *******!!! YOU *******!!!!!!!"

****!!! I didn't get chance to get his no plate but when I was paying for petrol I told the staff and asked if the cctv will have him, they reckon it will as he came into the station and out the other exit.

I went over to the guy in the alfa (who was on the phone to the police) and I told him he went through the station and he'll be on the cctv. :thumbs:

What a horrible basturd though!!! I was annoyed with myself because I should of tried to stop him or at least got his plate myself instead of relying on cctv. :rant: Happend so quick I just didn't have time to think I suppose. :(

Anyway, I hope they catch the bugger and it turns out alright. :(
Thats exactly where my accidnet happened that wrote off my 155 7 years ago (twonk pulled out of (Grange???) road by shell garage as I was on main raod. Went right into the side of him -he said I should of stopped to let him out :mad: (Roger Jone's son of all people fing w.....r. He then said I was speeding :mad: I had only just pulled out of Cefndy Road so how the fk could I have been speeding :rant: :confused: )

Mind you, the difference in build quality was quite frightening looking back. His Audi had a dent in the drivers/passengers doors. My whole front end was completely mangled. I couldnt even open the drivers door without kicking first. No airbag went off and the ABS was pants!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts