Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for a bit of help with a police report if possible, as it doesn't make sense to me!

Recently the Qashqai was hit overnight, contacted the police etc and they have come back with a report for my insurance. They had identified the car that did it, and arrested the driver - mainly because after hitting the Qashqai, he crashed into a house...

In the police report I have been sent, the officer has said 'the car wasn't recorded as being owned by anyone'

This doesn't make sense to me? If it was stolen wouldn't they have said that? Likewise if the man in question had purchased the car, a V5C would have been filled out? Even it it wasn't wouldn't ownership remain with the seller?

Can anybody shed some light on this? Ironically tax had ran out 2 weeks before the incident too.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
The V5 shows the registered keeper who is not necessarily the owner.

You will have to ask for clarification on the owner from your insurance company, they will/should know more details.

It may be a car that's between owners.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes sense! I did wonder if it was owned by a finance company but it's a 14 year old focus with over 100k so something just didn't add up to me, weird how it can have no owner as such.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts