Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs. GFK parked her Alfa Spider in the doctor's surgery car park, came back to find someone had hit the car's nearside and caused extensive damage. Luckily a witness took down the details of the hit and run car and driver. We told the Police and gave them her car's registration. They wrote to the culprit, who in turn absolutely denied hitting anyone, although admitting that she was the driver of the Vauxhall Corsa at the time. We claimed on the insurance and had my wife's car repaired, but we are still £400 out of pocket. The Police gave us the driver's name but we still need her full address to sue her for the £400. The police won't release her address, not even to our solicitor. Any advice on how to resolve this matter would be appreciated. The Police have also decided not to take her to court, as they haven't got the time or resources.:mad:

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Without boring you with the details, something along the lines of an insured motorist took the bumper off my Passat.
The police would not release anything even though he was not insured. I gave up :(

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Someone on here said that if you report a hit-and-run incident to the DVLA, they eventually provide you with the person's address. Whether this is true or indeed legal in your case, I have no idea.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The person who owns the vehicle was not the driver who hit the Spider, so getting details of the car owner will not help us. We know the driver's name and the town where she lives, but we need her actual address to start court proceedings. I would have thought the Police should release the information to my solicitor.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Dunno then, probably nothing you can do short of the electoral roll and some detective work. I take it the RK isn't likely to help you?

·
Registered
8,916 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I hope you sort things out. Any CCTV in the area?

There are so many lying *******s these days. They crash into you and deny everything. They damage your car and haven't got the maturity to admit their error :rant:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I hope you sort things out. Any CCTV in the area?

There are so many lying *******s these days. They crash into you and deny everything. They damage your car and haven't got the maturity to admit their error :rant:
Yes, we spent hours trawling through CCTV but unfortunately the car was parked JUST out of the camera range. You are right, some people have no integrity. Years ago I scraped someone's car while parking in a tight spot and waited two hours for him to return to his car to tell him what hapenned, as I didn't have pen and paper to leave a note. I know all of us on this Forum would have done the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts