Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

I have an Alfa 159. It has a bit of history. It has the registration of: 07-D-159. In Ireland you cannot get plates like this. This car was built for the CEO of Alfa/Fiat Ireland.

It is Ti spec, has auto wipers, auto lights, heated seats in fact every extra alfa did.

The car is a 2.2 JTS with full factory body kit. This is my 7th Alfa and my 3rd 159.

I am looking for a decently priced belly pan/ sump protector. I am on disability and have disability badge. So money is kind of scarce.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Shaun

·
Administrator
87,076 Posts
You can reserve registration plates in the Republic of Ireland. It cost €315 in 2007, it later increased to €1000, that was in 2009 I think.
See here Registration plates

Good luck with the search.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers David, I did not know that but they went to a lot of trouble to get the 159 plate.

I love my JTS, it's got great pull in the power band abt 3200rpm. I had a Lancia Delta HF Turbo back in the day. Since then have only driven Italian Cars.

Cheers Shaun

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
David, after checking, the plates are no like the UK. You can only reserve a number for coming year which even then costs €1000. It still has to be in the STD format yr/County/No. Not as in having a name or whatever.

Cheers Shaun

·
Administrator
87,076 Posts
Yes that's correct, the plate must be of the standard format & must be for the year of first registration.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

I am sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

I have an Alfa 159. It has a bit of history. It has the registration of: 07-D-159. In Ireland you cannot get plates like this. This car was built for the CEO of Alfa/Fiat Ireland.

It is Ti spec, has auto wipers, auto lights, heated seats in fact every extra alfa did.

The car is a 2.2 JTS with full factory body kit. This is my 7th Alfa and my 3rd 159.

I am looking for a decently priced belly pan/ sump protector. I am on disability and have disability badge. So money is kind of scarce.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Shaun
Undertrays are around £50 plus postage on eBay-still seem to be fairly easy to get hold of!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts