Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the day is upon us. Some say the Hindhead tunnel is for traffic improvement, but all I know it's an Alfisti playground to the exhaust gods.

So Alfisti, time to have a play in the new A3 tunnel under Hindhead and obey your gods! The plan is to meet north of the tunnel, and then as a group(s) drive through the tunnel. My understanding there are a number of speed cameras, or average speed cameras in the tunnel. So, you will be responsible for your own speed.

To get the most from this first meet, I have planned for this to take place on the Saturday evening of 30th July. I understand by then both tunnels will be open, and the old A3 past the National Trust Café closes, and will allowed to return to heathland. I guess the bunnies should be allowed to do what bunnies do for a change on that road, rather than be car fodder.

So, the Plan is to meet up at The Three Horseshoes Pub near Thursley from 7pm, and head to the tunnel from 8pm. That gives time for anyone to have some food, and a bit of a social. After we have gone through the tunnel a few times or just plain fed up with the same view, we'll head back to this pub.

So the info bit....

The Meet Point.

The Three Horseshoes Pub http://www.3hs.co.uk/index.html meet time 7pm on, head to tunnel from 8pm.

++++++++++

Highways Agency Website http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/3832.aspx

++++++++++

So, I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday. :D

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
It is a monday :lol: :lol:
First he wrote July and now he is looking at the wrong year :lol:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
:lol: :thumbs:

·
Registered
932 Posts
i would not come up with u guys coz the jtd still of rd but i will be using the tunel on saturday day time. will see what is up with the speed cameras and let u guys know. enjoy it and make loads of noisyyyy

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Saturday 30th July.

I'm sure Marko will be along shortly to edit the original post which has the incorrect date in it ;)

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Damn you Le Rosso :rant: i am having to attend my mother in laws 60th birthday on saturday night :cry: :cry:

hope you all have fun. i will be at the next one if you all have your licences back by then......:p

·
Registered
426 Posts
Oil change done and CDA cleaned in readiness. :)

G

·
At a footie match in London that day, can't make it. Big shame - would really like to be there making a lot of noise.

Cheers,

Nigel

1 - 20 of 53 Posts