Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Looking for some help/guidance.

My wife was driving our Alfa 159 and whilst driving she got 2 messages popping up on the display.

1. Hill Hold Inactive
2. Security System Failure

The hill hold inactive message has appeared around 3 times since we have had the car (3 months), but only when the wife is driving ;). It does then turn itself off automatically, I have checked the manual and all it says it contact Alfa Dealer.

Today she has just driven home and said the Security System Failure message popped up, first time this has come up. This again then turned itself off, again manual says contact Alfa Dealer.

Anyone else experienced anything similar and do I really need to go to Alfa?

I have a 2006 Alfa 159 JTDM (if that helps)....

Thanks for any info....:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,
i picked up my brera on saturday and on monday had the exact same 2 messages. after a bit of searching on here i found it to be the microswitch under the clutch, i lifted the clutch pedal with my foot and its fine now. currently searching for a replacement but to no avail......:roll eyes:
Lee

·
Registered
90 Posts
My car throws up all sorts of messages from time to time, including those two, but the car is normally wrong! (i.e. message says "hill holder unavailable", but when you try it out it works fine; also had "ABS unavailable", but this was a lie too!).

The messages usually appear on the display when starting up, but they never activate an amber warning light. I assume that the car checks all systems are working each time it starts, and sometimes some systems are a bit slow to say they're ok, but there's no real problem.

My rule of thumb is that unless the same message keeps appearing, or unless an amber indicator is triggered, don't worry about it (and even if the amber warning light is on it may not need any action - I had indicator saying the steering wheel lock was broken for about two months, but then it magically fixed itself and hasn't come back again over 4 months later!)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hi

Looking for some help/guidance.

My wife was driving our Alfa 159 and whilst driving she got 2 messages popping up on the display.

1. Hill Hold Inactive
2. Security System Failure

The hill hold inactive message has appeared around 3 times since we have had the car (3 months), but only when the wife is driving ;). It does then turn itself off automatically, I have checked the manual and all it says it contact Alfa Dealer.

Today she has just driven home and said the Security System Failure message popped up, first time this has come up. This again then turned itself off, again manual says contact Alfa Dealer.

Anyone else experienced anything similar and do I really need to go to Alfa?

I have a 2006 Alfa 159 JTDM (if that helps)....

Thanks for any info....:confused:
I had these messages a year ago, was fixed under warranty by trickle charging the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses.

Think I might just see how it goes for a while before going to get it checked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts