Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off to the recording of Have I Got News For You this evening at the Soutbbank studios. Should be a laugh.

My mothers next door neighbour arranges the show so the old girl goes reasonably regularly and always gets post show green room access. Apparently Messrs Hislop and Merton are very sociable and always stay for an hour to chat and drink with the other guests and the selected audience members. Tonight I'm going with the wife as hospitality guests so will be happily hob nobbing with the boys.

Just hoping for a good guest host. Last time the old girl went it was Tom Baker. Apparently he was loud and as mad as a hatter but not particularly witty.

Fingers crossed for Clarkson, Jack Dee or Jimmy Carr.

Fingers definitely not crossed for Bruce Forsyth or any dodgy politicians.....

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lee Mack was the host, and very good he was too.
Hislop and Merton looked, sadly, a bit jaded to be doing the series still.... lots of times when they just looked at each other and said "next question - nothing funny to say about this one".
When they got going tho on a topic they did have something to say about - still very funny.
Hugh Fearnley-Wittingthingy was actually quite entertaining, and was quite funny in arguing with Lee Mack about cooking and their experiences of other celeb chefs - but I suspect very little will make the final cut (most of it was libelous I expect) so he'll probably look a bit quiet and retiring on the actual show.
The Iranian lady comic (Shappy someone) was good in parts.
Overall a very entertaining evening - but boy does it take a while. They started recording at 7.30 and finished at 10.15..... so they do a *lot* of editing down to the 30 minute show.
Very few autocue retakes tho at the end - I suspect with Brucy there were a few more....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts