Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what was your hi-light of the get together at the Ace tonight?

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
So what was your hi-light of the get together at the Ace tonight?
'Its a Kit car - you have to park outside' has to be the funniest thing I have seen in ages....

Quality - an MR2 with a Ferarri bodykit tried to sneak in to the car park - only to be turfed back out with the driver sheepishly crawling through the onlookers :tut: :lol:

Chris

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
'Its a Kit car - you have to park outside' has to be the funniest thing I have seen in ages....

Quality - an MR2 with a Ferarri bodykit tried to sneak in to the car park - only to be turfed back out with the driver sheepishly crawling through the onlookers :tut: :lol:

Chris
was this before i arrived?? :lol: or was this that testerosa that was just in front of me?? :confused:

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
was this before i arrived?? :lol: or was this that testerosa that was just in front of me?? :confused:
You was inside with KT scoffing food at the time ;)

He pulled into the car park as the first marshall didn't spot it - me and dave spotted it and was going to have a look - but one of the other Marshalls spotted it and shamed the poor chap - so he was sent packing, it was priceless :lol:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Chris
That was most definitely one of the highlights. Especially when he tried to argue the point and was told that we could see the rear brakes through the wheels.

Got talking to the owner of the Abarth 600 racer. That was an amazing car.

Also chatted to Stelios the ownwer of the type 2 spyder. Lovely guy. He managed to track down the Alfa Spyder he'd had as a youngster and the restore it. Beautiful.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was it my imagination or was someone throwing Bangers around? Almost made me spill my coffee.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts

Chris
That was the funniest bit of the whole night... He never came back either!! :cheese:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
So jelous that this is too far away for me:cry:

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
He followed me in the sneaky so and so, obviously thought my car would distract the ace guys enough whilst they were parking me up to get in.. was amusing when he got kicked out, and then he parked out side whilst people pointed and laughed :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
I've gotta get me down there for one of these ACE meets :)

So give me the Rules if it's 100% Iatlian it gets in if not you get booted out ?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's right. Scooters, Bikes and Cars. A real nice mix, but all italian.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
I've gotta get me down there for one of these ACE meets :)

So give me the Rules if it's 100% Iatlian it gets in if not you get booted out ?
Yep that's pretty much it.. and there's normally a big alfa turn-out I think we took over most of the car park, a few fiats as well, but I counted at least 20-25 alfa's

A Testarossa was there which was stunning as well as the "mr2rari"

S

·
0 Posts
My hugh point was meeting loadsa new peeps and of course the MR2 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Madge's concert at wembley was a bit of a pain though. Took me an age to get there.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts